Falkirk Globetrotter 2019 tour: Montrose, you are next

3 hours ago, GableEnder21 said:

God you lot have poor patter.
Anyway, thought we played well on sat and I have to say I expected a lot more from Falkirk. With the players they have I thought they struggled against our solid defence. Unbelievable vision by Milne and a great finish from Skelly. Absolutely no idea what Fleming was doing but we were unfortunate the ref didn't see it as handball. Most teams will go and get a hiding so to go and almost get a draw I think we made a good account of ourselves.
Oh also, change your commentators will you. They are fucking dreadful.

Genuinely this. Not denying the guys do a good job filming the games and that. But ffs, the commentary is just not required at all. Proper embarrassing stuff at times.

Are Falkirk fans really surprised about teams looking to waste time? Falkirk are at least about 4 times the size of every part time team in this league and have the resources to match that. Most teams will visit TFS this season and see a point as an excellent result, it should be no surprise when teams sit in and waste time.

8 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Are Falkirk fans really surprised about teams looking to waste time? Falkirk are at least about 4 times the size of every part time team in this league and have the resources to match that. Most teams will visit TFS this season and see a point as an excellent result, it should be no surprise when teams sit in and waste time.

Not at all surprised, completely predictable.

Hardly makes for entertainment though.

Not sure how you weren't entertained. Our goal was a lovely bit of football. And your winner I wager will stand the test of time for its uniqueness.

Besides it is the 3rd tier of Scottish Football not feckin Champions League roundabout.

Thought you boys would only need 45 minutes to wrap up the game anyway.

We finished that game with two players with fractures and Falkirk fans are greetin' about time wasting! 😁

I was disappointed with how poor Falkirk were to be honest. Needed a freak/fluke goal to win the game.

Another full time team that thinks every game will be a walkover.

God you lot have poor patter.
Anyway, thought we played well on sat and I have to say I expected a lot more from Falkirk. With the players they have I thought they struggled against our solid defence. Unbelievable vision by Milne and a great finish from Skelly. Absolutely no idea what Fleming was doing but we were unfortunate the ref didn't see it as handball. Most teams will go and get a hiding so to go and almost get a draw I think we made a good account of ourselves.
Oh also, change your commentators will you. They are fucking dreadful.

Post lost all credibility when you thought your keepers howler was a Sammon handball, comes clean off his back.

4 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

True, but I don't think Stewart Petrie or the Montrose squad give two shits if anyone is entertained. They came with a plan and if it wasn't for their keepers brain fart they may well have got what they wanted.

2 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

True, but I don't think Stewart Petrie or the Montrose squad give two shits if anyone is entertained. They came with a plan and if it wasn't for their keepers brain fart they may well have got what they wanted.

Understand your point and it is entirely of our own making that we are in this league but it really is chronic to watch.

15 minutes ago, A Username With Mo In It said:

We finished that game with two players with fractures and Falkirk fans are greetin' about time wasting! 😁

I was disappointed with how poor Falkirk were to be honest. Needed a freak/fluke goal to win the game.

Another full time team that thinks every game will be a walkover.

First and third sentences are utter pish, the injuries had nothing to do with time wasting (except, of course, the clown crawling back onto the pitch to stop the game) time wasting was clearly the entirety of the Montrose game plan.

Your arse of a keeper was at it from his very first kick out and got an xxxxxl size dose of karma for his efforts.

We certainly don't think every game will be a walkover and wont be if we turn in performances like Saturdays but we should have enough about us to expect positive results.

15 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

First and third sentences are utter pish, the injuries had nothing to do with time wasting (except, of course, the clown crawling back onto the pitch to stop the game) time wasting was clearly the entirety of the Montrose game plan.

Your arse of a keeper was at it from his very first kick out and got an xxxxxl size dose of karma for his efforts.

We certainly don't think every game will be a walkover and wont be if we turn in performances like Saturdays but we should have enough about us to expect positive results.

He was crawling back on for treatment as he had a broken rib and was in agony.

As for the time wasting. It's a tactic we employ to wind up the home fans so that we can take the piss out of you on P&B when your seething. It seems to work really well! 😁😁😁

Feck me I didnt realise you couldnt get treatement unless you were actually on the pitch.Falkirks second is not a freak/fluke its called a total feck up by the Montrose keeper.  A freak/fluke is something to do with luck and not someone making a raging cant of it.Watching the highlights and McManus is no way offside when he gets put through late on. We were poor on Saturday but still won quite comfortably in the end although should've been by more.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

As for the time wasting. It's a tactic we employ to wind up the home fans so that we can take the piss out of you on P&B when your seething. It seems to work really well! [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

I’ve seen some horrendous posts in my time but holy f**k.

‘Crawling back on for treatment’

45 minutes ago, A Username With Mo In It said:

As for the time wasting. It's a tactic we employ to wind up the home fans so that we can take the piss out of you on P&B when your seething. It seems to work really well! 😁😁😁

Point 1.  He moved all of two yards with the sole aim of stopping play, as has been mentioned he obviously could have been treated where he originally was.

Point 2.  Not seething just bored and you are nowhere close to taking the piss.

I'm assuming he crawled back on to stop play as you stated. I think it would have more to do with stopping Falkirk having a man advantage than time wasting.

I've never seen a section of fans from any club greet so much after winning. Get over yourselves and look forward to next week.

54 minutes ago, A Username With Mo In It said: