Falkirk Globetrotter 2019 tour: Montrose, you are next

8 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

I thought the guy crawling back on was hilarious personally.

I’d like to see more of that sort of thing from our own team.

That sort of behaviour has to be applauded.

I am sure a few werther's original papers would’ve been thrown from the main stand when it happened.

1 hour ago, Gogs Grog said:

I'm assuming he crawled back on to stop play as you stated. I think it would have more to do with stopping Falkirk having a man advantage than time wasting.

I've never seen a section of fans from any club greet so much after winning. Get over yourselves and look forward to next week.

We are famous for it.

We beat Raith 7-1 (I think 1990) and on the way out of Brockville this old grunter in front of me was raging about us losing a poor goal!

Even if we were winning games 6-0 every week, there's a large section of our support who would find some sort of fault. Probably greeting because we weren't winning 7-0 every week.

There are a lot of us who are realistic about being in this league. We are here for a reason, and the 'quality' players are with us for a reason. 

5 hours ago, champions said:

I thought Montrose were ok as well. When you had the ball they tried to pass it around and the pass for the goal was exceptional. The tinewasting irked me though, is this normal for Montrose or was it just because you were playing Falkirk?

The hilarious thing around the 88min mark onwards the ref chasing us to take a free kick that we werent as slow as some of the free kicks or by kicks that Montrose were taking.

I wasnt too bothered by the time wasting tactics of Montrose, its gonna happen and ditto similar formations by the opposition for weeks to come

2 hours ago, Gogs Grog said:

I'm assuming he crawled back on to stop play as you stated. I think it would have more to do with stopping Falkirk having a man advantage than time wasting.

I've never seen a section of fans from any club greet so much after winning. Get over yourselves and look forward to next week.

Yet was off the park after treatment giving us a man advantage

39 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

In summary

Shitey game

Shitey performance

Shitey opponents

3 points and move on to the next bore fest.

Sounds as though you're in need a healthy dose of supporting one of the OF, my precious!

Sounds as though you're in need a healthy dose of supporting one of the OF, my precious!

51 years since my first game at Brockville so I’ve had long enough to realise we are no big time outfit who are going to give a skelping to the diddy opposition every week.
It’s just that after watching two years of utter dross the prospect of an entire season of this shite really is beyond grim.

Ps stick your OF patter up your ring!

40 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

51 years since my first game at Brockville so I’ve had long enough to realise we are no big time outfit who are going to give a skelping to the diddy opposition every week.
It’s just that after watching two years of utter dross the prospect of an entire season of this shite really is beyond grim.

Welcome to the seaside league! 😀

12 minutes ago, Nedelko said:

Wonder if Falkirk fans would be lambasting Mikey Doyle for crawling back onto the pitch to time-waste if we were playing Hearts or something

Can't remember ever seeing a Falkirk player do that in my 40 years plus of watching them to be honest. At the end of the day the refs need to take a harder line.  If the cants in pain then teaching him not to take the piss by ignoring his pleas for treatment until he crawls back off  would perhaps make sure he doesn't do it again.

Can't remember ever seeing a Falkirk player do that in my 40 years plus of watching them to be honest. At the end of the day the refs need to take a harder line.  If the cants in pain then teaching him not to take the piss by ignoring his pleas for treatment until he crawls back off  would perhaps make sure he doesn't do it again.
Me either. My point is that if it was our player that did that (or any other act of similarly commendable shithousery) I'm fairly confident the same people whingeing about it on here would be lapping it up

If we're going to be calling for action from the referee whenever a player bends the rules then be consistent about it is all I'm saying

4 minutes ago, Nedelko said:

Me either. My point is that if it was our player that did that (or any other act of similarly commendable shithousery) I'm fairly confident the same people whingeing about it on here would be lapping it up

If we're going to be calling for action from the referee whenever a player bends the rules then be consistent about it is all I'm saying

I would have had a total riddy if one of our players had done it to be honest. 

44 minutes ago, Nedelko said:

Phil Robert's took tight abuse for feigning injury against aberdeen

I dont mind the ftv commentary. The guys are volunteers and Falkirk fans, must be pretty hard to remain impartial when you're wanting the team you support win whilst commentating at the same time.

As someone mentioned earlier if you dont like it then turn the volume down.

2 hours ago, Nedelko said:

Wonder if Falkirk fans would be lambasting Mikey Doyle for crawling back onto the pitch to time-waste if we were playing Hearts or something

We probably would, given we'd then have to play for a couple of minutes with 10 men. If you're genuinely injured, you stay off the park. We've beaten Hearts many times in the past without the need to resort to timewasting anyway, including some absolute skelpings. 

30 minutes ago, champions said:

I dont mind the ftv commentary. The guys are volunteers and Falkirk fans, must be pretty hard to remain impartial when you're wanting the team you support win whilst commentating at the same time.

As someone mentioned earlier if you dont like it then turn the volume down.

You dont mind it it because you're a fuckin moron. Its fuckin awful. If my team, (Forfar), had an equally shite commentary team, Id call them all manner of obnoxious cuntyness. You, on the other hand, are happy with average cuntyness. Hence, Falkirk.