Falkirk Globetrotter 2019 tour: Montrose, you are next

5 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

This. Tidser is twice the player Paton is.

Comparison to Paton is ludicrous. He does seem to be involved in creating goal chances for others. I just thought Tidser was the type of player to control the midfield but appears to be more of a goal creator

Edited by Mevilc Bairn

Whilst I agree there is probably better to come from Tidser he has been pretty heavily involved in about 4 of our 8 goals and his pass for Telfers goal last week was magnificent. 
Comparisons with Paul Paton are ludicrous and if he’s making that kinda contribution without being on top of his game then I’ll take it

Think we perhaps expect too much from Tidser. Laying on half of our goals seems good to me. Think we expected to see some Messi like figure but what we got was as good as we could get. Nice to see that we at least have options

Dont know what people expected from Tidser... seems like some got a wee bit carried away with the hype.
No doubting hes a good player.... but if he was as good as some thought he would be playing in the Premier league and not with us.
Happy enough with his contribution so far.

33 minutes ago, bud1876 said:

Dont know what people expected from Tidser... seems like some got a wee bit carried away with the hype.
No doubting hes a good player.... but if he was as good as some thought he would be playing in the Premier league and not with us.
Happy enough with his contribution so far.

Probably pretty much nails it on the head

6 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

This "MT is a Rangers/Celtic man" chat is horrendous, stop it. He spent the entire BRALT glory days getting ripped into old and new Rangers, and is constantly on Celtic's case in a European context especially.

That's not to say his behaviour towards us since we got relegated has been acceptable at all, and his haunting of our threads is grim reading.

But still.

Erm thanks, I think.

The fact I was being accused of supporting both bits of the OF, when I actively despise them, pretty much captures how rational some responses are.  I'll file them alongside the speculation about my crippling loneliness and the relentless reddie campaigns a couple have launched.

I'm not sure that making juvenile wee digs about relegation, alongside sympathetic, constructive posts about your boardroom amounts to unacceptable behaviour to be honest, but yeah, of course I act like a bit of a tit at times.  It's something adults on a football forum should be able to handle though.  In fairness, most can.

This. Tidser is twice the player Paton is.
Nobody is saying he isn't. I fucking hated seeing Paul Paton play for us and technically they're night and day. What I am saying is he operates at about the same speed, especially when he's got to turn or defend.

Maybe I was expecting too much from him. He's a good player, but he's a luxury one and I'm not totally sold on him.

4 hours ago, JulioBairn said:

Comparisons with Paul Paton are ludicrous and if he’s making that kinda contribution without being on top of his game then I’ll take it

As I said, I compared one aspect with Paton, thats it.

Relalx and read the post before biting.

God you lot have poor patter.
Anyway, thought we played well on sat and I have to say I expected a lot more from Falkirk. With the players they have I thought they struggled against our solid defence. Unbelievable vision by Milne and a great finish from Skelly. Absolutely no idea what Fleming was doing but we were unfortunate the ref didn't see it as handball. Most teams will go and get a hiding so to go and almost get a draw I think we made a good account of ourselves.
Oh also, change your commentators will you. They are fucking dreadful.

1 hour ago, GableEnder21 said:

Anyway, thought we played well on sat and I have to say I expected a lot more from Falkirk. With the players they have I thought they struggled against our solid defence. Unbelievable vision by Milne and a great finish from Skelly. Absolutely no idea what Fleming was doing but we were unfortunate the ref didn't see it as handball. Most teams will go and get a hiding so to go and almost get a draw I think we made a good account of ourselves.

I thought Montrose were ok as well. When you had the ball they tried to pass it around and the pass for the goal was exceptional. The tinewasting irked me though, is this normal for Montrose or was it just because you were playing Falkirk?

58 minutes ago, champions said:

I thought Montrose were ok as well. When you had the ball they tried to pass it around and the pass for the goal was exceptional. The tinewasting irked me though, is this normal for Montrose or was it just because you were playing Falkirk?

Time wasting is not really what we are known for . Under Petrie we are known for playing good football and being very successful. 

Yes, if we are being honest we held on to the ball maybe a little longer than we needed to however we were trying to hold out for a draw against the biggest and best team in the league. 

Disappointing when teams that are aiming for a playoff spot come and time waste from the first minute. Not something you see in the championship where the games between the playoff contenders tend to be far more open. Montrose were well organised and defended resolutely and we always looked a bit nervous with a one goal lead. Another game where we didnt do enough with our dominant possession. Didnt help that McManus had an uncharacteristic off day as he could have made the game a lot more comfortable. Always a good weekend when every fife team gets pumped though and an exe fife scroat like Petrie also gets his come uppings.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

3 hours ago, GableEnder21 said:

You must be very easily pleased.

Saturday was the turgid pish masquerading as a football match that I expect to see for most of this season.

Looks like the only way we will see our opponents making a go of it is if we score early.