Falkirk Globetrotter 2019 tour: Montrose, you are next

6 hours ago, spratte said:

Arse wipe

Why, thank you.

You agree with Gary then, that it really doesn't get much better for Falkirk, than topping the third tier in August?

Christ, that's a low bar.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

I think McShane is good at what he does. It’s not spectacular but he’s simply there to collect the ball from the defence and link to the forward players. He gets criticism for not always going forward but you could flip that and say the players further forward aren’t creating space or looking for the ball. Yes he’ll miss place a pass but he’s hardly a world beater where he’ll have a 100% pass completion rate. By doing this, McShane allows Tidser and Telfer to go and play further up the park. That’s just how I see it mind you.

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Apart from being at almost any other spot your club has occupied in its entire history you mean?

Yes, apart from that, it really doesn't get much better.

He was clearly referring to today ffs.

Your obsession with all things Falkirk is odd.

7 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

A victory for football. f**k Montrose and their dirty, cheating,  time wasting tactics

I get the time wasting which covers no8 rolling back on pitch(altho in doing so made them down to 10 men)

We won't get many teams who will lie down like Dumbarton, if any team can get an advantage in anyway possible, then they will, maybe that's where we have been going wrong being too nice

6 hours ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Think the shouts were more for Gomis than McShane going.
Good to hear that Ray let rip at half time and that the players were unhappy at the standard today. Good signs

Gomis on paper is twice the player Tidser is, I wasn't convinced Tidser is all that Morton say he is and he still has to convince me he is.

Gomis really has surprised me, he looked poor and done at Utd last season, he rarely wastes possession and is more attacking than I thought he was.

Ps not heard post match interview, guessing McKinnon suggesting he let rip at half time.

We were great for the first 20 odd mins today without making their keeper making a save tho Montrose had better chances, then Montrose scored and we didn't reach the highs of that 20 odd mins for the remainder.

For me, Connolly or Telfer didn't turn up and we should've subbed one of them at half time, the least effective remained on the park for 90 mins tho

2 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Why, thank you.

You agree with Gary then, that it really doesn't get much better for Falkirk, than topping the the third tier in August?

Good win for Celtic today, sure you will celebrate after your disappointment on Tuesday

8 hours ago, champions said:

He was clearly referring to today ffs.

Ah right, sorry.

It doesn't get any better for Falkirk than narrowly squeaking past Montrose at home in the League, courtesy of a really freaky goal?

Yes, that makes much more sense.  

Can’t blame Montrose for approaching the game how they did. I’m sure if they opened up and tried to play expansive, attacking football we would have beat them more convincingly. Teams have got to find a way of winning and that’s how they approached it.

Not one goalkeeper has been sent off for time wasting for two bookings, yet folk get REALLY angry about it. Top shithousery from number 8 Watson to crawl back on the park to get treatment, laughed my head of at that. Great pass for the first goal as well.

Poor performance from us today. Echo what everyone else has said, Gomis over McShane every day of the week for me.

Despite the assist for the first goal, not seeing enough from Tidser.

Hoping it was just one of those days.

48 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Ah right, sorry.

It doesn't get any better for Falkirk than narrowly squeaking past Montrose at home in the League, courtesy of a really freaky goal?

Yes, that makes much more sense.  

Stop being a moron.

7 hours ago, MrDust said:

Gomis on paper is twice the player Tidser is, I wasn't convinced Tidser is all that Morton say he is and he still has to convince me he is.

Tidser reminds me of Paton (I know, I know) when the ball isn't right to his foot, he takes an age to move and seems stuck.

Thankfully we do not get the whole PP show when he has the ball.

10 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Why, thank you.

You agree with Gary then, that it really doesn't get much better for Falkirk, than topping the third tier in August?

In the last 12 years we've been top of the Premiership/ SPL and the Championship at some point.

We've also been to two Scottish Cup FInals in that time.

But then you were just being your usual boring, tedious self weren't you?

This "MT is a Rangers/Celtic man" chat is horrendous, stop it. He spent the entire BRALT glory days getting ripped into old and new Rangers, and is constantly on Celtic's case in a European context especially.

That's not to say his behaviour towards us since we got relegated has been acceptable at all, and his haunting of our threads is grim reading.

But still.

Tidser reminds me of Paton (I know, I know) when the ball isn't right to his foot, he takes an age to move and seems stuck.
Thankfully we do not get the whole PP show when he has the ball.

I almost made a comparison with Paton earlier. You're right, it's the time he takes to turn, taking half a dozen steps in the process. He's not a clunky as Paton when passing the ball though. Is he at peak fitness?

1 hour ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

In the last 12 years we've been top of the Premiership/ SPL and the Championship at some point.

We've also been to two Scottish Cup FInals in that time.

Yes, thank you.

I wonder if it's because I know all that, that I scoffed at the suggestion that it doesn't get any better for Falkirk than how things are right now.

Has comprehension always presented you with challenges?

Whilst I agree there is probably better to come from Tidser he has been pretty heavily involved in about 4 of our 8 goals and his pass for Telfers goal last week was magnificent. 

Comparisons with Paul Paton are ludicrous and if he’s making that kinda contribution without being on top of his game then I’ll take it

Would think Montrose are more typical of a league one team than Dumbarton were last week. This type of game will probably be repeated a few times this season. Good battling win in the end.

As most would agree Gomis looks the better option than McShane but he played decent enough. Better than Tidser who although had a hand in the first goal did not do much else of note.