Falkirk Globetrotter 2019 tour: Montrose, you are next

Montrose were a bunch of diving, time wasting b*****ds. Very disappointing.

Flying in to tackles then going down at the slightest touch. Aidan Connolly got halfed every time he got the ball.

Always good to see a keeper who was time wasting since the 1st minute make an absolute raging arse of it.

Longridge is miles off the pace, he shat it a couple of times too.

We were never going to roll everyone over every week but that was poor today. Never looked in much danger TBF but it wasn’t a great watch. Gomis for McShane every week please

10 minutes ago, ka202 said:

Flying in to tackles then going down at the slightest touch. Aidan Connolly got halfed every time he got the ball.

Always good to see a keeper who was time wasting since the 1st minute make an absolute raging arse of it.

Longridge is miles off the pace, he shat it a couple of times too.

This!

Their player in the first half who went down injured off the field, then crawled pathetically on his hands and knees back onto it to get the game stopped was a disgrace. The ref should have told him to bolt.

Pre game I had a bit of respect for Montrose but after that today fcuk them.

1 minute ago, Back Post Misses said:

We were never going to roll everyone over every week but that was poor today. Never looked in much danger TBF but it wasn’t a great watch. Gomis for McShane every week please

Agreed, 2nd half was especially bad. You may not have picked it up on FTV but the wind was bad today, how much of an impact that had who knows.

1 hour ago, spud131 said:
1 hour ago, Rizzo said:
Can mortals obtain these up to date goal alerts?

Just add Falkirk as a favourite team on flash scores app and it'll automatically alert you when there's a goal in a falkirk match. Usually quicker than sky sports new etc.

It's my lifeline on a Saturday when I'm having to work!! 

Their Goalie was a bomb scare and yet we rarely tested him, I thought it was an awful performance, the entire midfield need to give themselves a shake! Tidser and Telfer need to dictate play and get the ball moving forward quicker.  This slow build up, passing sideways is a nonsense, get the ball wide and get it in the box quickly it’s not rocket science.

have to say the Young Team are as quiet as church mice and create no atmosphere - it doesn’t help. If the fans get on the refs case about time wasting, he’s more likely to react to it. No point having the biggest support in the league if all we do is heap pressure on our own team. 

The Montrose keeper should have been warned after the second “30 seconds to take a goal kick” nonsense, then booked after the 3rd, and sent off after the fourth. That way, he would have been gone before half time.

The number 8s crawl back onto the pitch was pathetic, but actually, the ref was as weak as dishwater, and repeatedly turned his back on issues he should have been dealing with.

Midfield didn’t fire at all today, but that was an important result. Three points while a lesson for a few of our players that the league isn’t us and 9 Dumbartons.

Again, Doyle was impressive. Not for his final ball sadly, but his work rate is miles ahead of anyone else.

Hard to pick out a strong performer today, just sluggish all over the park.  Tidser the best of a bad lot in midfield.  McShane and Connolly poor, but nobody as bad as Dixon.  He was absolutely honking and got taken to the cleaners several times by Montrose’s attack.

And as far as their keeper goes, karma can be a bitch sometimes...

Not what you'd call convincing today but three points against a decent side that keeps the momentum kettle boiling. Will take it at this stage in the season

Can almost see what McKinnon's trying to do with the system with the high midfield diamond. In theory it should never work and in practice it often looks haphazard but we seem to be getting better at using it as the weeks go on and the players familiarise themselves with it. Doesn't look like it suits one or two of the players though, particularly Tidser (who I thought was well below par today). Thought McShane was our best player til we were in the lead, but didn't quite have the dig for the battle that ensued - that's where it's huge to have Gomis on the bench.

Plenty to work on, two away games coming up from which we'll learn a lot about where we're really at I reckon

Top of the league for now though. Box office [emoji41]

Too many miss placed passes today. We nearly shot ourselves in the foot but as you say, was never really in doubt.

Deserved win for me over the 90.

That was a bit of a mixed performance. Looked good in spells. MOM for me was Doyle. Love him. He put in several decent crosses too which were not far away from producing goals. Can't decide whether Doyle or Toshney should have picked up the goal scorer though.

Thought Dixon and Buchanan looked largely untroubled. I don't get the criticism of Dixon at all.

McShane looked raging when he came off. He plays the game at a decent speed, but is lightweight in defence.

Tidser possibly needs to play in a more advanced role, where he can stroll around the park play intricate wee passes. It's his lack of speed, both over the ground and releasing the ball, that grinds with me though. I've yet to be impressed by him in a falkirk shirt and he offers absolutely nothing defensively. Conversely, that was the first game I've thought connolly was poor.

Front two aren't really working together yet. Two enjoyable goals for conor and I thought McManus did well in the build up when involved, but there is improvement to come from them yet.

Longridge came into a game. Hopefully he's getting back to his best. He's exactly the type of player we need to cause panic in defenses in this league. Gomis should be starting IMO.

There's gonna be plenty of games where teams sit in like that today. Just need to keep the heid of its no happening and (setting myself up for a wee fall here) a little noise from the crowd would not go amiss.

Thought the Montrose no24 had a decent game with a couple of nice moves. Asode from that they got worse as the game went on.
We definitely need to work on creating more clear cut chances against teams sitting in. Hopefully its just a matter of the team gelling and Ray finding his best 11. I'm not sure what McShane offers us tbh and I'd 100% swap him for Gomis next week.

7 minutes ago, mic_17_uk said:

100%. Absolute howler from the keeper emoji16.png

That’s tremendous, and truth positive that karma can indeed lend a hand when needed (and when the cause is a just one, and Christ, that keeper deserved it today).

Edited by Duncan Freemason