Falkirk Globetrotter 2019 tour: Montrose, you are next

43 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

When was the last time we played Montrose in a league game?
Was it the game at Brockville in 1980 when we won the old second division?

No.

I don't know the dates without checking, but I remember going up there on league business when I was a young teenager travelling on the old FSA bus.

That would make it probably the early to mid eighties.

1 hour ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

No.

I don't know the dates without checking, but I remember going up there on league business when I was a young teenager travelling on the old FSA bus.

That would make it probably the early to mid eighties.

That struck a chord with me, BB; by any chance would that have been a midweek game, the time the bus driver drove us to Arbroath by mistake; the bus pitched up in the dark, we realised we were at the wrong ground, got back on the bus and finally got up to Montrose after kick off?

9 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

When was the last time we played Montrose in a league game?
Was it the game at Brockville in 1980 when we won the old second division?

Montrose were in the first division between 1985 & 1987. I'm pretty sure you lot were in the premier when we had our next spell in the first in 91/92.

20 minutes ago, Trump said:

Expect another 6-0 win for us tbh.

Assuming that's a wee bit tongue in cheek? Dumbarton were absolutely rotten, no way that Montrose will be as bad. I expect them to be well organised and difficult to break down. I still think we'll win but not by a huge margin.

17 hours ago, Dennistoun Bairn said:

That struck a chord with me, BB; by any chance would that have been a midweek game, the time the bus driver drove us to Arbroath by mistake; the bus pitched up in the dark, we realised we were at the wrong ground, got back on the bus and finally got up to Montrose after kick off?

I don't remember that bit, but it was a while ago so I guess it's possible.

This was our team that day:
Falkirk: Fasan, McGhee, Muirhead, Paton, Petravicius, Sammut, Lewis, Owen Evans, Harrison, Brough, Mackin
Subs: Mutch, Kidd, Froxylias, Robson, Turner, O’Hara
Robson is probably the only one I'd take out of that shower
Need to put spoilers on posts like this. Nearly saw my lunch again.

Assuming that's a wee bit tongue in cheek? Dumbarton were absolutely rotten, no way that Montrose will be as bad. I expect them to be well organised and difficult to break down. I still think we'll win but not by a huge margin.

Yeah only one reaction in 15 hours, we move on.

If we do win it’ll be by a narrow victory. Montrose very well organised under Petrie and beat us the last time we played (albeit had a shambles of a team).

Tucking away that quote for future use.

IMG_4890.jpg

1 hour ago, Trump said:

Yeah only one reaction in 15 hours, we move on.

If we do win it’ll be by a narrow victory. Montrose very well organised under Petrie and beat us the last time we played (albeit had a shambles of a team).

IMG_4890.jpg

Your come back is a meme? Wow. How disappointing is that?

Edited by Etherglider
misspelling

On 13/08/2019 at 14:47, Dennistoun Bairn said:

Screen Shot 2019-08-14 at 17.46.14.png

19 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Think we should see the same 11 on Saturday. Would like to see Denny and Robbie Leitch at some point to see what they offer. Ray has been bigging Denny up during his interviews so let him show his worth

Aye, it'll be an unchanged team I would think. Johnstone looked quite sharp in the short time that he was on I thought, think he could be an asset if he can stay injury free.

Ray's biggest problem on Saturday may be having to decide whether to leave Leitch or Moore out of the squad!

17 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Aye, it'll be an unchanged team I would think. Johnstone looked quite sharp in the short time that he was on I thought, think he could be an asset if he can stay injury free.

Ray's biggest problem on Saturday may be having to decide whether to leave Leitch or Moore out of the squad!

Deciding whether to put Durnan back in is the biggest one for me until such times as Toshney or Bucky f**k up/get injured