Side Hustle

I wasn't suggesting we invade France. 

One of our other posters tried this recently, final scene was him tail betwixt legs, €90 fine in hand. Best we leave it I think and try not to get too wound up and buzz words and phrases.

The great Rod Liddle mused on much the same things in the Times recently - https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/a-peaceful-easy-life-hasnt-made-us-happy-perhaps-its-time-to-give-war-a-chance-wbfhbfv9r
Can only imagine how the current generation would handle going over the top, storming the Normandy beaches.
I prefer to think of c***s like Liddle and you doing so. Laugh like fùck, so I would.

Noticed the Beeb were once again pushing this as a cool, fun new thing that people are doing for enjoyment. They had a segment about "side hustles" on Radio Scotland last week, featuring well-off studenty types discussing how much they like refurbishing wicker furniture in their spare time. There was a certain "spoilsport" vibe when someone pointed out that most folk who take on second jobs do so because they aren't able to make a living from their primary employment alone.

I wonder how @DA Baracus feels about people who voluntarily take on extra work to kill time between shifts?  :whistle

• 4 years later...
2 hours ago, EthanMarks said:

Just stumbled upon this old thread, and I gotta say, it's cool to see how students are getting creative with their money-making hustle while studying. Having a side gig totally makes sense, ya know? You can earn some extra cash, not rely on one income source, and reach your financial goals faster. Plus, it's pretty sweet to have some dough for fun stuff like vacations or paying off that mortgage. Btw, I'd love to know if anyone here has any fun games to play for money. Let's keep the thread updated, guys.

giphy.gif.a5b35cb40e0491bdff61c2ea7e6653ba.gif