Stranraer v Rovers

6 points from 9 is by no means an awful start to the season, but that result does little to build on the first two games. 

Its a pretty accurate representation of why we failed last season.

Away defeat. Scoring twice and not winning the game. Not able to string 3 league wins in a row together.  Holding on for the three points today would have went a huge way to us feeling as though we could get over the above points. 

Its early enough to take positives even from defeats, but the manner in which that game seems to have went is the real sickener. 

The league cup meant little, but the manner of those defeats left a lot of folk fed up with the manager. Im not particularly one of them, but how the side bounce back from today is absolutely key. 

Again, its early days, but I guess the real fear is that 3 wins against awful sides in Peterhead, Dumbarton and Clyde have given a false impression and that we will end up with another side who are entertaining to watch, but not good enough to achieve anything. 

Again, its early days, but I guess the real fear is that 3 wins against awful sides in Peterhead, Dumbarton and Clyde have given a false impression and that we will end up with another side who are entertaining to watch, but not good enough to achieve anything. 

That is pretty much exactly what it feels like.

Feels like McGlynn’s second spell is going to be defined by his persistence with Davidson and Benedictus at the back. I sympathise with McGlynn to an extent because he’s changed pretty much everything aside from those two, and clearly hoped Mendy would be starting ahead of one of them. But he isn’t. I wasn’t there today so can’t comment on Davidson/Bene’s performance but they’re the only constant. Rightly or wrongly people will latch onto that.

The more things change, the more they stay the same. Really thought we might’ve turned a corner during that second half, only for it to all come crashing down again. Conceded in 7/8, conceded two or more in 6/8. We’re going nowhere if that doesn’t change.

1 hour ago, Blue1870 said:

First shot wasnt aided by wind. McManus hit a screamer. McGurn no chance from 25yards. 2nd goal robertson squares it dangana shot is brilliantly saved by mcgurn but it falls back to danganna who spins and rattles it in. 3rd goal smith shoots from range. McGurn does well to reach it off his line but instead of palming it to the side or over it lands in the goalmouth and elliot has a simple finish. Sidecam here.. highlights tomorrow on StranraerFCtv 

I hate to sound like a grass, but how are you able to post official highlights before midnight?

I wonder if they’ll be looking for the Fabulous 40 odd that travelled today.

Anyway, the number of road signs with the words “haste ye back” as we were leaving had me laughing. We’re done with Stranraer now.

Although game cost us f**k all for the second time in a row down there [emoji23]

All is forgiven, however, If you do the same to Falkirk when they travel down.

4 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

So fucking soft. We can’t expect to score 3 and 4 every week. Sometimes 2 needs to be enough to win. The second for Stranraer McGurn makes an unbelievable save coming back across the goal and obviously the ball ends up right back at the boys feet and he slams in the rebound. The winner McGurn again makes a great save, but instead of it going up over the bar or round the post it goes up in the air, comes down, hits him on the back and it’s scrambled over the line. The sort of goal we never ever score but concede regularly.

Sounds like I’m glossing over it but it’s super unlucky. Any other day McGurn makes those two saves and we win 2-1. MacDonald was excellent, probably our MoM. Long way for f**k all in the end. Hope those wolves fans who were celebrating the Stranraer goals in the away end fall in the sea.

Sound like your manager. All goals Raith score good well taken goals, but goals scored by opponents bad mistakes.

58 minutes ago, grumswall said:
1 hour ago, raith1974 said:
Who was the trialist, someone mentioned it wasn't Quitongo. 

Boris melingui was mentioned earlier.

We had Boris last season, bit of a headless chicken tbh. Plenty of energy & enthusiasm but no real end product or positional sense.

There's a player in there though I reckon

We had Boris last season, bit of a headless chicken tbh. Plenty of energy & enthusiasm but no real end product or positional sense.
There's a player in there though I reckon
Can't imagine we will be signing him. He was most likely just making up the numbers for us today.

8 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Can't imagine we will be signing him. He was most likely just making up the numbers for us today.

Correct, John McGlynn intends to use as many trialists as he can against the Shippy on Tuesday to prevent unnecessary injuries.