Stranraer v Rovers

That third goal just sums up exactly why we are still in this league. That forward should never, ever get that rebound. 

Getting out this league requires a fundamental change in how we defend. Letting Mcgurn pull of fantastic saves whilst the defence are slow as f**k to react, will not get us out this league. 

Edited by CALDERON

By “we’re”, I mean my car full! I have a feeling the Rovers have quite a few trips down in the near future. My mates and I are finished though.

Pretty much how I felt going to see us at Starks for about 25 years until we finally got a win last year [emoji23] Didn’t stop going though!

1 hour ago, CALDERON said:

That third goal just sums up exactly why we are still in this league. That forward should never, ever get that rebound. 

Getting out this league requires a fundamental change in how we defend. Letting Mcgurn pull of fantastic saves whilst the defence are slow as f**k to react, will not get us out this league. 

There shouldn't be a rebound to begin with, that's poor keeping. Ball has to go away from goal or over the bar there. After that it's 50/50 between attacker and defender and the attacker got a bit of luck with the break of the ball.

Edited by Diamonds are Forever

It’s not just our central defence, but they didn’t help. Our midfield are nowhere during that move for the third goal. Of course it could be that the midfield are running on empty and we don’t have anyone to stick on in their place.

You could pretty much write the script for this season already. We had played 2 league games before yesterday and were already down to that bench.

IMG_0300.jpg

I reckon a few people would give McKay at go at centre back beside Davidson. See if it works again. However, as McGlynn has signed Mendy and Bene and Davidson are the pairing, that may not happen.

Looking at the rest of that bench we will struggle a bit if we don’t get lucky with injuries and suspensions. First XI looks okay but there’s not much back up. We’ll have to hope that other teams are affected more than we are.

Honourable mention to Davidson and Bene falling about on their arses at the second goal.

It’s that fucking yellow strip.
How many decent performances have we put in while wearing it? Get it tae f**k!

Agreed. That yellow away strip is part of the problem. It should be binned.

I really like our home strip.

14 minutes ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

There shouldn't be a rebound to begin with, that's poor keeping. Ball has to go away from goal or over the bar there. After that it's 50/50 between attacker and defender and the attacker got a bit of luck with the break of the ball.

Agreed, keepers too far off his line and as with the first goal Raith don't have anyone defending the space in front of the box.

At 2-1 down I couldn't see how Faz could change the players on the park and turn the game around, Pignatiello was excellent but taking him off and bringing on Smith changed the game for Stranraer. MoM again for Elliott setting up the first goal and scoring the third.

35 minutes ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

Bit harsh on the keeper, I think that ot was a decent enough save at full stretch. Not as though he spilled the ball, there was ample opportunity to clear the danger.  Point probably stands for the 2nd goal though. 

On 14/08/2019 at 18:27, Thereisalight.. said:

Going by the Stranraer performance i saw last night I fully expect rovers to win at a canter. If Stranraer have a few of their injured players back before then they may get a draw 

Glad to see the blues prove me wrong. Good win for Stranraer and seemingly a very decent game to watch. Will have to give the highlights a viewing 

Unconvincing goalkeeping at the first and third goals really. That's three goals in the last two games that McGurn hadn't covered himself in glory for.
What could he have done for the first? Looked a good strike with plenty behind it. Third goal he should be pushing it wide but having made the save the defence should be first to it to clear it.

Unconvincing goalkeeping at the first and third goals really. That's three goals in the last two games that McGurn hadn't covered himself in glory for.

McGurn could do nothing for the first. I was standing right behind him when it went in and he couldn’t see the ball. Was a fantastic strike as well.

McGurn could do nothing for the first. I was standing right behind him when it went in and he couldn’t see the ball. Was a fantastic strike as well.
The fault lies between the midfield and defence for allowing the shots in, in the first place.