Stranraer v Rovers

Another trip to the former Ferryport. Can we get a victory?

We’ve not done particularly well at Stranraer the last couple of seasons, is this the season that changes now we have a midfield and a few goals in the team?

Will Anderson and/or Bowie make the game?

Players will have bum sores with travelling up to Dingwall on Tuesday then down to Stranraer on Saturday
McGlynn in his post match interview on Saturday said Bowie wouldnt make it but Anderson might

McGlynn should have them doing sprints up and down the bus. Keep them on their toes.

Is anyone actually going to see us play Ross County U21 in Dingwall on Tuesday? I only really get interested in the Challenge Cup around the QF stage unless we’re playing the likes of The Pars.

You'd like to think we would have enough about us to get a win down there but with our away form over the last 2-3 years it's impossible to be confident to any great degree about this match.
Hopefully we come through the cup game with no more injuries as we are starting to get down to the bare bones of the squad.

One win, two draws and one defeat in the two seasons we’ve been down here. Five trips though...

I thought Stranraer looked like relegation fodder before the season began but they’ve had a reasonable enough start. Narrow defeats to Livi and Falkirk in the League Cup, a draw away to Ayr and a pumping of Berwick. In the league, a draw with Montrose and a late penalty giving Forfar a win last week.

Our toughest match yet, made tougher if Bowie doesn’t make it or if we get more injuries tonight. Still hopeful of a win but should be a tight match either way.

Hopefully we come through tonight unscathed. McGlynn has said it’s not a priority so it should be a good opportunity to ring the changes and get minutes for those who have been on the bench in recent weeks.

Unfortunately, since we are so light in midfield it looks like 2 of the usual 3 will have to be risked tonight. That midfield 3 look like they will be crucial to us this season, they complement each other so well and I can’t remember the last time the centre of midfield would be viewed as the strongest part of our team. 

As said, Stranraer look to have started the season reasonably well so it will be our toughest test so far. It would be great to start the season with 3 wins having not done so at all last season. Also an opportunity to win our first back to back away games in this league since January 2018.

Fingers crossed Bowie and Anderson recover and we can remain unchanged from Saturday.  Assuming we do, I think we can sneak it 2-1.

4 hours ago, Beastie Russell said:

I was there the last time in a howling gale, alongside 30 ot so other Raith fans.

Some of whom engaged in cringeworthy ‘banter’ with the local youth

Probably better than the biblical rain I recall from a previous fixture 

Edited by bishopburn boy

Going by the Stranraer performance i saw last night I fully expect rovers to win at a canter. If Stranraer have a few of their injured players back before then they may get a draw 

Rovers also struggling with injury. Likely to be a squad of 15, with effectively nothing on the bench to change things (a goalie, two defenders and a 17 year old midfielder).

A quite incredible quote from the FFP article saying the players will have done around 1300 miles on the team bus in the opening month of the season.

I haven’t been to Stranraer for quite a while so looking forward to Saturday. It looks as though both sides will have a fair few injuries to contend with so both sets of fans will have their excuses in early. Despite only being 16 I fear we’ll miss Bowie’s directness if he is unavailable.

I’d probably go with:

McGurn

Miller
Bene
Davidson
MacDonald

Anderson
Spencer
Hendry
Matthews
Smith - can he play there?

Allan

As others have mentioned that leaves us with very, very little on the bench to change the game should we require it, so pretty important we are the ones who start well and hopefully take the lead. I’m always confident of a win when we have Hendry in the side, and we’ve started the season well. 2-0 Rovers.

On 12/08/2019 at 16:15, Rovers_Lad said:

Players will have bum sores with travelling up to Dingwall on Tuesday then down to Stranraer on Saturday

McGlynn in his post match interview on Saturday said Bowie wouldnt make it but Anderson might

In the 5 competitive away games the fans and players will have clocked up 1290 miles.