Krfc 10

Is there a better pitch in junior football?

16 minutes ago, kilsyth ranger said:

more than welcome v.elder , and tbf guy's meadow was looking great that friday night we played u emoji41.png

much improved surface over the last couple of seasons ...despite the heavy use

Lol 2 weeks into the season, lets see what it is like in January

Probably much as it is just now.

67273858_1193991737476259_7922249460179009536_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108%26_nc_oc=AQn4pxbTiFYIGfk0JQ23B4wPf7ctQd7vRQWRp-TuTXj1InNgOkZzrnCOHJ0o2xA8Y2PPi5BZJQlAIOI_T8DAgGU7%26_nc_ht=scontent-lhr3-1.xx%26oh=61fd0bc6931c5b6c8df0b556a892338f%26oe=5DDD7EB4&key=379ff19975cb7d0a18dd30c24949a9f2df2df6faac88e09d6317f8060fe38282
I'm pretty sure we are up there.............
Kilbirnie Ladeside's pitch pre-season was the best junior pitch I've ever seen.
We were there last Wednesday and it had absolutely horsed it down all day and the pitch was first class.

1 hour ago, Village elder said:

Always liked Kilsyth - and it looks tremendous but must say that Shotts park looked immense last Wednesday night - anyway I'll pop in for our lodgers game with you tomorrow and see it first hand....' mon the championship team

I agree about Shotts. Was superb the other week that we were there.

9 minutes ago, kilsythblue said:

Jan 2017 mate Screenshot_20190811-232629_Twitter.jpeg

one sided enclosure, poor fans if it rains, stadiums should be more than their playing surfaces!

your pulling my leg now mate . It's a junior park !! That one sided enclosure runs the full length of the pitch, and can accommodate over a 1000. A only wish we could fill it. Over the years a number of junior clubs have upped their game and  we have  a number of fantastic pitches especially in ayrshire, but nothing wrong with some of our boys, feeling a bit of pride in our home. Is it the best ?? Probably not, but credit to the boys who look after it. It's a lot of work.

Edited by kilsythblue

Brig O'Lea yesterday after three games in a week followed by days and days of torrential rain. Credit to the boys who do the pitch. 

_20190810_124108.JPG

1 hour ago, btw lads said:

one sided enclosure, poor fans if it rains, stadiums should be more than their playing surfaces!

😂😂, Good try lol

Brig O'Lea yesterday after three games in a week followed by days and days of torrential rain. Credit to the boys who do the pitch. 
_20190810_124108.thumb.JPG.48a5cbc5cdddf426e60302fa7884bf30.JPG
Surely that picture wasn't taken yesterday, there's blue sky !

poor fans if it rains ? that's what that massive enclosure is for , to protect fans from the rain and elements? ffs

Surely that picture wasn't taken yesterday, there's blue sky !
the first half on Saturday peter we were all basking in glorious sunshine, the rain started just after half time , and its a credit to the neilston guys that that the park held up well as arthurlie game just down the road got abandoned

No fancy design there, just a normal cut, what do you mean?
You canny tell him to jog on. Then ask him to answer a question?

11 minutes ago, Smudger said:
14 hours ago, Krfc 10 said:
No fancy design there, just a normal cut, what do you mean?

You canny tell him to jog on. Then ask him to answer a question?

I didn't, look back and check again, then come back to me

Was watching Lesmahagow v Royal Abert just over a week ago and Craighead Park was looking really well. My amateur team played Shotts Bon Accord pre season and the pitch up at Shotts is in fantastic condition as always, so well done to all concerned who look after these two pitches.