Is there a better pitch in junior football?

Krfc 10

No idea what it's like currently but the best junior grass pitch I have ever seen in the middle of winter was undoubtedly Troon. Could have been July for all you could tell when I visited 1 November day.

Probably could putt on it .

i no i saw the twiitter video, absolute monsoon , that's were we parked last week before game too, i'm not suprised got abandoned, wasn't having a dig at dunterlie btw , just giving brig o lea some praise [emoji16]

I didn’t think you were. Just trying to explain to people why our game got abandoned when Neilston up the road and Pollok a few miles down the road didn’t.

Fair play to the ref who tried to give it time but when the ball went into the flooded area our left back tried to dribble it out and left it behind.

Buffs Park last Wednesday was immaculate considering the amount of rain with which it had had to cope recently. Pity the same could not be said of Mr Strain’s persistent ravings. Is he a full shilling? Much more of an effort should be made to make it look like he writes his own programme notes.

15 minutes ago, Thee Talbot Bing said:
6 hours ago, Burnie_man said:
Self praise is no praise at all apparently.

Why is this clown still lurking inn the juniors threads?

Joined just a couple of weeks ago aye :lol:

Edited by Burnie_man

Guest Mr Happy

Was at the lok v Clydebank game last night. And as Holm park doesn't qualify [emoji51] I've got to say lok's grass park is in amazing condition. Glasgow has had very heavy rain, and their park was fantastic. It was a pleasure to watch a good game played on a bowling green. Well done Pollok [emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

Buffs Park last Wednesday was immaculate considering the amount of rain with which it had had to cope recently. Pity the same could not be said of Mr Strain’s persistent ravings. Is he a full shilling? Much more of an effort should be made to make it look like he writes his own programme notes.

Lot of good work being done on the surface by local company Gt groundcare,even after this weeks rain it was still immaculate.As for Chris,he has his faults and can go 2 far,but give me a passionate manager who makes decisions to 1 who sits in his dugout doing nothing.

12 hours ago, buffy1899 said:

Lot of good work being done on the surface by local company Gt groundcare,even after this weeks rain it was still immaculate.As for Chris,he has his faults and can go 2 far,but give me a passionate manager who makes decisions to 1 who sits in his dugout doing nothing.

To be fair, Chris has toned in down a good bit and was easily out shouted by his Benburb counterparts yesterday. Buffs Park pitch is very good.

• 3 weeks later...
[emoji85][emoji1787][emoji1787] your pulling my leg now mate . It's a junior park !! That one sided enclosure runs the full length of the pitch, and can accommodate over a 1000. A only wish we could fill it. Over the years a number of junior clubs have upped their game and  we have  a number of fantastic pitches especially in ayrshire, but nothing wrong with some of our boys, feeling a bit of pride in our home. Is it the best ?? Probably not, but credit to the boys who look after it. It's a lot of work.

I like Duncansfield. There's obviously areas at it where improvements could be made but that goes for every junior park. I pass it on my route to work and back and regularly see the pitch getting cut or (what I assume to be) committee members cars parked in the ground so you can tell its looked after