Is there a better pitch in junior football?

Krfc 10

1 hour ago, Village elder said:

Always liked Kilsyth - and it looks tremendous but must say that Shotts park looked immense last Wednesday night - anyway I'll pop in for our lodgers game with you tomorrow and see it first hand....' mon the championship team

I agree about Shotts. Was superb the other week that we were there.

[emoji85][emoji1787][emoji1787] your pulling my leg now mate . It's a junior park !! That one sided enclosure runs the full length of the pitch, and can accommodate over a 1000. A only wish we could fill it. Over the years a number of junior clubs have upped their game and  we have  a number of fantastic pitches especially in ayrshire, but nothing wrong with some of our boys, feeling a bit of pride in our home. Is it the best ?? Probably not, but credit to the boys who look after it. It's a lot of work.

Edited by kilsythblue

Surely that picture wasn't taken yesterday, there's blue sky ! [emoji23]
the first half on Saturday peter we were all basking in glorious sunshine, the rain started just after half time , and its a credit to the neilston guys that that the park held up well as arthurlie game just down the road got abandoned

Was watching Lesmahagow v Royal Abert just over a week ago and Craighead Park was looking really well. My amateur team played Shotts Bon Accord pre season and the pitch up at Shotts is in fantastic condition as always, so well done to all concerned who look after these two pitches.

8 minutes ago, Smudger said:
1 hour ago, Krfc 10 said:
I didn't, look back and check again, then come back to me

Maybe just me but asking him what do you mean maybe requires an answer

Your no getting this are you?😂 You said I told him to jog on, I didn't, it was someone else, so what's wrong with me asking him what he meant?

the first half on Saturday peter we were all basking in glorious sunshine, the rain started just after half time , and its a credit to the neilston guys that that the park held up well as arthurlie game just down the road got abandoned

It was abandoned due to the rain causing a flood outside the ground that backed up the drain that runs down one side of the pitch. The rest of the pitch was playable if it hadn’t flooded outside the ground the game never would have been abandoned. Check out Renfrew’s twitter feed for a video from outside the ground with players and officials cars sitting in the middle of a lake.

It was abandoned due to the rain causing a flood outside the ground that backed up the drain that runs down one side of the pitch. The rest of the pitch was playable if it hadn’t flooded outside the ground the game never would have been abandoned. Check out Renfrew’s twitter feed for a video from outside the ground with players and officials cars sitting in the middle of a lake.
i no i saw the twiitter video, absolute monsoon , that's were we parked last week before game too, i'm not suprised got abandoned, wasn't having a dig at dunterlie btw , just giving brig o lea some praise [emoji16]