Motherwell v Hearts - LC2 - Friday 16th August

MJC

A win's a win - new keeper made a hellish mistake early on, but got away with it, and was otherwise ok.

Great performances from Hickey and Washington.

Whether the first pen was a correct decision or not, Craigan and Stewart were over the top about it.

Brilliant strike from Mikey Smith - f**k chalking that off for an innocuous borderline alleged handball 40 yards out and near the touchline that neither the ref noir the Motherwell player marking Washington saw.

We're in the draw for the next round, so I'm happy with that.

Choosing the tactic of having everything go though a guy playing long diagonal Pirlo/Beckham passes, and deciding Charles Dunne is going to be that guy, is like deciding you want a room full of balloons for a party and choosing Edward Scissorhands to blow them up.

What's even more stupid, is then not being able to understand why your party has no balloons.

17 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Not sure why Smith started on the Well winger, didn't seem like there was a bad tackle in the game until that point. 

Aye, that was mental - I wondered whether he just wanted to get in Seedorf's  head to let him know he wasn't going to get any more joy from him than he had from Hickey, which was very little. 

f**k knows, though. 

Deserved win for the jambos, done all the work in the 1st half and pretty much strolled it in the 2nd half. Wingers for us were shocking, Hylton sold the jerseys for the 1st goal and Seedorf done nothing all game. I know it’ll look like sour grapes but how the f**k did smith avoid a red card for the incident with Seedorf, smashed the ball off him from about a yard away, saying that it’s Madden in charge so I shouldn’t be surprised.....

Very comfortable defensively and looked to have a bit about us going forward. The whole back four played well, especially Hickey, and Irving and Washington were both also impressive. Damour lost the ball prior to the goal but looks to have a bit of class about him.

I'm still concerned about our ability to score goals. Add a goalscoring striker to play alongside Naismith and Washington and we'll do well. 

First things first, well done to Hearts. Throughly deserved win for them. 

However, that Motherwell performance was a disgrace. Fucking huge question marks over Robinson's recruitment. To bring in one dodgy winger is one of these things that happens to clubs like ours now and again. To bring in three of them in the one summer is verging on a sackable offence. 

Get those imposters to f**k, play 3-5-2 and see how we go from there.  Whatever that was tonight, it's not the way forward. 

Edited by Desp

Incredible result for Hearts, beating a top flight side with Naismith out.

I was very impressed with Hickey tbf. Looks to have a good future ahead of him. Be a shame if Hearts don't get a decent fee for him. A real shame.

2 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

It's going to be a Edinburgh Derby in the quarter final draw on Sunday guaranteed. 

Desperately hope so.

Not because I think we'd win so much as I really really like getting out of my tits before 5pm.

tfw.png

9 hours ago, well fan for life said:

The Cure were class btw lads.

I particularly enjoyed the complete lack of phone signal or 4G so that I had a lovely wee day, blissfully unaware of any nonsense like the score or anything like that. 

I particularly enjoyed the complete lack of phone signal or 4G so that I had a lovely wee day, blissfully unaware of any nonsense like the score or anything like that. 
Yip, no phone signal meant I could get on with enjoying the mudbath without getting pissed off when I checked the score. Sounds as though it was a blessing in disguise.