Defenders of The Championship

• 4 months later...
On 11/08/2019 at 05:45, Ludo*1 said:

I honestly have no idea where to start with this list, definitely a problem area and a few of the defenders on this list I must confess I've not saw in a few year so Grant, for example, might be fortunate to make the list?

1. Liam Smith
2. Mark Reynolds
3. Josh Meekings
4. Jamie Adams
5. Lee Ashcroft
6. Carl Tremarco
7. Jordan McGhee
8. Thomas O'Ware
9. Coll Donaldson
10. Peter Grant

That list is unbelievably pish looking back. Josh Meekings would be nearer the bottom of CH's in the league than top 3. Absolutely horrendous shout. Surprised I didn't get more flak for this than I did for my other lists f**k sake. Jamie Adams has packed it in due to injury and Peter Grant was released by Morten FFS.

Tam O'Brien would need to be a shout even though I can't remember him, but he's raved about on a weekly basis.

I can't even think of 10 quality defenders in the league at the moment?

Jamie McCarts been really impressive since stepping up, so thought I'd look on this thread to see what the overall thoughts of him were before he joined us.

I learned nothing.

That list is unbelievably pish looking back. Josh Meekings would be nearer the bottom of CH's in the league than top 3. Absolutely horrendous shout. Surprised I didn't get more flak for this than I did for my other lists f**k sake. Jamie Adams has packed it in due to injury and Peter Grant was released by Morten FFS.
Tam O'Brien would need to be a shout even though I can't remember him, but he's raved about on a weekly basis.
I can't even think of 10 quality defenders in the league at the moment?

Neither can I.

Full back wise Robson has had a solid season by the sound of it, I like Kevin Holt. Alloa have a few players who can play out from the back but nobody else really standing out. I like the look of Houston at Ayr too, seems really quick, solid and decent with the ball, same with Harvie on the other side.

ToB gets over hyped a lot after just having decent games in my opinion but he has been excellent a few times and when he is he's fucking great. But of course I am biased.

8 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Neither can I.

Full back wise Robson has had a solid season by the sound of it, I like Kevin Holt. 

Whit. 

The two best left backs are Martin and Harvie, being biased I prefer Martin, I'd imagine Ayr fans would choose Harvie. 

Providing we're talking about the same player, Robson at Partick? I'm not sure he's even first choice left back at Partick. And he's shite. 

15 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Jamie McCarts been really impressive since stepping up, so thought I'd look on this thread to see what the overall thoughts of him were before he joined us.

I learned nothing.

Donaldson got more attention which was unfair really. 

Whit. 

The two best left backs are Martin and Harvie, being biased I prefer Martin, I'd imagine Ayr fans would choose Harvie. 

Providing we're talking about the same player, Robson at Partick? I'm not sure he's even first choice left back at Partick. And he's shite. 

I mean Jamie Robson

Revised list purely based on what I’ve seen so far.

Full backs,

1. Daniel Harvie
2. Kevin Holt
3. Liam Smith
4. Jordan Marshall
5. Lewis Martin
6. Jordan Houston
7. Aaron Comrie
8. Shaun Rooney
9. Lewis Strapp
10. Scott Taggart

I’m genuinely struggling to think of any centre backs that I’ve been impressed with. Reynolds, O’Brien and Ashcroft are ok but still looked iffy at times when we played them. I love Steven Bell but he’s had a few mistakes since he came back from injury and you never know what Muirhead is going to turn up. Andy Graham is another I think is great but was awful in both games against us. Jamie McCart is someone I’ve always liked, both in League 1 and in the Championship and is absolutely worthy of a move into the Premiership. Tam O’Ware is definitely living off the season that Ross Forbes continually made goals for him. He’s fucking dire in reality.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

7. Aaron Comrie
8. Shaun Rooney

We've apparently signed Rooney for next season, while Comrie left us as a complete joke figure, so this is a bit worrying...

Edited by RandomGuy.

We've apparently signed Rooney for next season, while Comrie left us as a complete joke figure, so this is a bit worrying...

Imo Comrie is better defensively which makes me rate him higher. Rooney is good going forward but a bit of a mess at the back.