Defenders of The Championship

Folk with Ashcroft near the top of their lists.
Love the boy and he would throw himself under a bus for the team but he is far from the best in the league. On about 5 different occasions in the past two seasons he's made the same mistake of letting the ball bounce over his head (also happened against Dundee now that I think of it) and has been sent off twice/given away penalties for last man challenges.
As mentioned already, probably easier to do two FB/CB lists.
Full-backs:
1. McGhee
2. Comrie
3. Penrice
4. Robson
5. Geggan

Centre-backs:
1. O'Ware (2016 form)
2. Donaldson
3. Grant (again 2016 form)
4. Graham
5. Bell

Full backs were incredibly hard to pick from, a real shite selection this year.

4 hours ago, johnnydun said:

Meekings can't even get a start for us Ludo.

As a defender Kerr's defending is excellent, his pace and last ditch challenges are great, not so good going forward or putting a final ball in.

He took a knock against Dunfermline and wasn't used against Ayr as such.

Full Backs:

1. Liam Smith - Brilliant for Ayr last season, and been our most contestant performer sans Shankland this season so far.
2. James Penrice - Was really impressed with him for the first 60mins on Friday, looked a bit unfit though (like all the Thistle players)
3. Andy Geggan - Solid, consistant Defender, which is what is needed at this level
4. Jamie Robson - Really improved in recent times and if he continues like that, he will be much higher on this list
5. Jordan McGhee - I've got to put one Dundee player in this list, I suppose.

Centre-Halves

1. Mark Reynolds
2. Thomas O'Ware
3. Andrew Davies (In theory)
4. Mark Connolly
5. Brad McKay 

4 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Oh you are taking the fucking piss here, the man's never gonna play again.

He's got Mark Connolly in his list. He's on the fucking glue. 

Edit : and Brad McKay! :lol:

Edited by Dele

Agree with this even if Holt did struggle at Premiership level. His lack of technical ability seemed to let him down but defends fairly well. Would rather have him than Marshall tbh.
Agree with this though. Marshall seems incredibly limited - cracking cross yesterday mind.
Didn't take long. A decent enough defender at this level but unquestionably the most over-rated player we've had for years.

Marshall just looks incredibly slow and is often caught just wandering about a mile out of position. His touch is unbelievable and his passing and crossing have been a constant threat. I genuinely think once we sort our midfield out he'll look a lot better. 

Marshall just looks incredibly slow and is often caught just wandering about a mile out of position. His touch is unbelievable and his passing and crossing have been a constant threat. I genuinely think once we sort our midfield out he'll look a lot better. 
His positional sense was his biggest weakness for me. He lost his man regularly yet always seemed to get away with it from a large proportion of our fanbase. His biggest attribute for me was his tackling. He never backed out of any challenge. I never thought his crossing was particularly special so he's maybe worked on that.