Sign in to follow this  
Ludo*1

Midfielders of The Championship

13 minutes ago, Dele said:

Is that why Hemmings has placed higher on more folks lists, continuously, than Shankland? 

Dunfermline fans, man. :lol:

dTcAHZcg.thumb.jpg.5341f3b67e751ce736221caaf4021c1e.jpg

Can someone help Dele out here and say that Hemmings is great? Poor soul has taken that one to heart. 

Just now, Grant228 said:

Can someone help Dele out here and say that Hemmings is great? Poor soul has taken that one to heart. 

The majority already have, bro. 

It's OK, one of your picks will get in one day. Maybe even one of your players from your team. :o

He also was part of a midfield that's finished mid table in the second tier, Danny Devine and James Vincent have won the Scottish Cup, are we saying that they are also the top players for their respective positions?   

If it was that clear that he was that talanted you'd sure as hell be expecting clubs from the premier to be kicking down your door after Dooran makes double digits in goals and assists. Neither of those things are happening. If it was quite clear you would've had fans mentioning him throughout this thread in the same veign as is happening in the strikers thread where it genuinely is clear that Shankland and Dobbie are the best strikers. 

I mean, Devine and Vincent were absolutely shite players that happened to be substitute players for a quality ICT team. Doran was one of our star men.

The reason he is still in the Championship is because of his injuries. The same reason the other cup winner Meekings is also down here, and is still rated pretty highly on talent by most. That’s also the same reason Premier clubs aren’t ‘kicking down our door’ for him. Not sure what your point is here?

4 minutes ago, Dele said:

The majority already have, bro. 

It's OK, one of your picks will get in one day. Maybe even one of your players from your team. :o

tenor.gif.d6b844455cc31ea555d607ebbe2a8086.gif

4 minutes ago, Tarmo Kink said:

I mean, Devine and Vincent were absolutely shite players that happened to be substitute players for a quality ICT team. Doran was one of our star men.

The reason he is still in the Championship is because of his injuries. That’s the same reason Premier clubs aren’t ‘kicking down our door’ for him. Not sure what your point is here?

That saying "Doran is quite clearly the most talented midfielder in the championship" is wrong, because if it was that clear then everyone would be saying it, as it is no one is. 

I wasn't disputing he was a good player, but outwith the striking options in this division theres no "pretty clear" with regards to the other ones. 

Unless you argue that when Dobbie plays as a Cam he's pretty clearly the best midfielder in the championship, that'd be fine x

Doran is clearly one of the best players in the league.  Even speaking objectively. 

That saying "Doran is quite clearly the most talented midfielder in the championship" is wrong, because if it was that clear then everyone would be saying it, as it is no one is. 

I wasn't disputing he was a good player, but outwith the striking options in this division theres no "pretty clear" with regards to the other ones. 

Unless you argue that when Dobbie plays as a Cam he's pretty clearly the best midfielder in the championship, that'd be fine x

Yeah, the fans of diddy clubs like Dunfermline (who were probably in League 1 at the time lolz) who never witnessed the greatness of 2012-2015 ICT are obviously not going to realise that Doran is clearly the most talented midfielder in the Championship.

How many other of the Championship midfielders could play in the top 6 of the Premiership if it wasn’t for another factor such as injury, attitude etc? I’d say not many at all

21 minutes ago, The Gifted Sub said:

Doran is comfortably one of the better players in the league. Strange thing to try and argue against tbh.

He's a Dunfermline fan. They think Nisbet is one of the best strikers in the league and keep going on about some Turner. Ike, I think. 

🤷‍♂️ Fifers gon' Fifer, I suppose.

Edited by Dele

3 hours ago, Tarmo Kink said:

Yeah, the fans of diddy clubs like Dunfermline (who were probably in League 1 at the time lolz) who never witnessed the greatness of 2012-2015 ICT are obviously not going to realise that Doran is clearly the most talented midfielder in the Championship.

How many other of the Championship midfielders could play in the top 6 of the Premiership if it wasn’t for another factor such as injury, attitude etc? I’d say not many at all

Ah, so in 2012 he would've been clearly the best midfielder in the championship, that's pretty fair.

It's not entirely relevant though with regards to this thread is it? You could make a solid case that if it wasn't for injuries Ness would be the best midfielder in the championship, but it wouldn't be correct to say he's clearly the best now is it? 

2 hours ago, The Gifted Sub said:

Doran is comfortably one of the better players in the league. Strange thing to try and argue against tbh.

Never said he wasn't, just disagreed that he was clearly the best. 

2 hours ago, Dele said:

He's a Dunfermline fan. They think Nisbet is one of the best strikers in the league and keep going on about some Turner. Ike, I think. 

Someone go and fire a comment about Hemmings? Poor boy is still gutted. 

15 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Doran is clearly one of the best players in the league.  Even speaking objectively. 

Soz, had merged you with the post above. 

24 minutes ago, Tarmo Kink said:

Nobody said Doran was clearly the best, I said he was clearly the most talented.

And got both of them a bit wrong, pesky Inverness fans, blending into one. 

10 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Doran is good. Not sure why he stayed at ICT. Was he inured?

He was basically out for half of 16-17 and all of 17-18 so I think he's showing us a bit of loyalty.

I'd easily have Doran at Dens. Him and Walsh are first class and I think Walsh is perhaps slightly underrated because Doran's a 'bigger' name.

7 hours ago, TheScarf said:

He was basically out for half of 16-17 and all of 17-18 so I think he's showing us a bit of loyalty.

Clearly on decent money. Footballers aren't loyal.

10 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Clearly on decent money. Footballers aren't loyal.

At ICT?  Behave.  He also has a partner from here too.  Maybe doesn't want to move away.

18 hours ago, Dele said:

I want quotes of every Pars fan on this forum that has said he is one of the best strikers in the league.

A reminder: saying he is "one of the best" doesn't mean placing him anywhere between 4th-10th on the top strikers list on the other nonsense thread. 

Doran took a pay cut when we got relegated and I believe also took another one afterwards. He’s obviously still going to be one of our highest earners, if not our highest, though.

The reason he is still here is probably a combination of loyalty due to his injuries (he does seem like one of the nicest footballers), less demand for him due to injury problems and the fact he has a settled family up here. Hamilton and Brian Rice were apparently sniffing around this summer but he’s still here.

Same premise as the other threads. Genuinely think this is the hardest list to put together so far.

1. Jamie Ness
2. Paul McMullan
3. Aaron Doran
4. Peter Pawlett
5. Shaun Byrne
6. Tom Walsh
7. Alan Forrest
8. Paul McGowan
9. Finlay Robertson
10. Ryan Dow

Reckon an easy case can be made for the majority of that list to be anywhere in the top 3 spots. I've definitely used a bit of bias picking McGowan and Robertson. Robertson will definitely go on to be a massive player for us and has looked brilliant so far, but maybe a bit early to put him in a list like this - but so far he's been our best midfielder.

Hahahahahahahahaha Jesus fucking Christ, take them dark blue specs aff fs

51 minutes ago, Tarmo Kink said:

Doran took a pay cut when we got relegated and I believe also took another one afterwards. He’s obviously still going to be one of our highest earners, if not our highest, though.

The reason he is still here is probably a combination of loyalty due to his injuries (he does seem like one of the nicest footballers), less demand for him due to injury problems and the fact he has a settled family up here. Hamilton and Brian Rice were apparently sniffing around this summer but he’s still here.

With all that in mind it's pretty surprising Uncle Roy hasn't throw a big wad of cash at him to move over the bridge this summer/last.