Sign in to follow this  
Ludo*1

Midfielders of The Championship

Calum Butcher is fucking shite.

I wouldn’t say Dundee United have any midfielders you could say are standouts in this league. Pawlett maybe but he was shite last season and 20 minutes against Partick Thistle doesn’t change that.

Peter Pawlett, Callum Butcher and Ian Harkes as three of the best ten midfielders in the league. 
Two of which can't even get a start at their own club. 

You’re a bit off the mark there mate. Pawlett has only not been playing because he was injured. Harkes also had a niggle and as Stanton was doing well may need to bide his time. Butcher plays week in week out and makes us very solid in CM.

18 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I wouldn’t say Dundee United have any midfielders you could say are standouts in this league. Pawlett maybe but he was shite last season and 20 minutes against Partick Thistle doesn’t change that.

Gonna be a real struggle for us this season right enough.

Byrne and Ness - yes.

Robertson and McGowan - no.
McGowan got taken off against Ayr because he was shite. We ended up going on to win.
Again I cant comment on players from this league. Would have had to play them all first and the games I go to at home and whatever away games I go to , to have an idea of who is good.
Regarding mcmullan I quite like him when I see him play. My mate who is an arab ( I know I feel bad for him) , he cant stand him, like dele has said he thinks he is a fraud. May point him to this thread just to see what fellow united fans think of him as I know his head will explode.

Yeh I cant add anything else. First two games we have been pretty poor on a whole.

Nope, just think its a bit bizarre TBH, if I was upset, I would have done the manly internet retaliation and down voted you.
I did this. We then went back n fourth like kids red dotting each other. It did stop.
The internet can be fun regarding dots.
People even make fake accounts regarding this.
Crazy behaviour.

Aye good one mate! Butcher is shite right enough. United have no midfielders..
No bad going for the team who are favourites while you go right on ahead and say a few of your boys are in the top ten when you will be lucky to get into the playoffs.

You are anti Dundee United simple as.

Just because I don’t think your midfield is anything special doesn’t mean I don’t think you’ll win the league.

You’ve a pretty competent goalie for this level, one of the best fullbacks in this league and Shankland. Who’ll win you games on his own when you’re not playing particularly well. McMullan won’t be consistently good throughout the season but he’ll pop up with a handful of goals and assists as will Clark and Appere. Due to the shite standard of this league that’ll probably be enough to see you through. The worry will be how many goals Mark Connolly causes you at the other end.

The midfielders I’ve mentioned earlier on are pretty much standout players in their teams apart from Bannigan who I put in there not realising he’s absolutely finished.

7 minutes ago, stewartyftd1 said:

:lol:

You tell 'em, Stewie! 

Just because I don’t think your midfield is anything special doesn’t mean I don’t think you’ll win the league.

You’ve a pretty competent goalie for this level, one of the best fullbacks in this league and Shankland. Who’ll win you games on his own when you’re not playing particularly well. McMullan won’t be consistently good throughout the season but he’ll pop up with a handful of goals and assists as will Clark and Appere. Due to the shite standard of this league that’ll probably be enough to see you through. The worry will be how many goals Mark Connolly causes you at the other end.

The midfielders I’ve mentioned earlier on are pretty much standout players in their teams apart from Bannigan who I put in there not realising he’s absolutely finished.

McGowan got subbed against you lot because he was shite. He is certainly not a stand out.
Rest cant say much about really.
I'd have binned McGowan also with many who we did let go. However mcpake got it spot on with the sub on Saturday

Aye good one mate! Butcher is shite right enough. United have no midfielders..
No bad going for the team who are favourites while you go right on ahead and say a few of your boys are in the top ten when you will be lucky to get into the playoffs.

He just doesn’t like us very much D’Jaffo lol. Hurting from that Smith pre contract agreement back in Jan.

What a sensitive soul you are.

26 minutes ago, coppola said:

If these lists are any indication we'll be lucky to make the playoffs. 

Dele is some boy. Knows that Dundee won't have 4 players in the best 10 midfielders, doesn't think any of United's midfield will make the top 10 (Actually - states Pawlett will but it'll be close as he's finished), states that he doesn't know enough about enough players to give his own 10. Awful lot of opinions on who won't make the list when he apparently doesn't know enough.

18 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Shameful performance from Ayr last season that they finished miles behind a United team without any good players (Safranko aside, I presume) whilst you guys had the two players who will see us win the league almost on their own this season. Presumably the rest of your squad was absolute dogshit and yet that doesn't appear to be your position either. 

Shameful performance from Ayr last season that they finished miles behind a United team without any good players (Safranko aside, I presume) whilst you guys had the two players who will see us win the league almost on their own this season. Presumably the rest of your squad was absolute dogshit and yet that doesn't appear to be your position either. 

Yes I thought it was common knowledge that we were shite in the second half of last season.

Shankland won’t singlehandedly win you the league. However he’s always likely to score a goal or 2 even if the team are having an off day.

It’s not outrageous to say that there’s better midfielders in this league than Butcher and Harkes.

I'll make the bold prediction that Ian Harkes will be a standout performer in the Utd midfield by the end of this season. After he came in in January he showed flashes of being a player, good on the ball, energetic and with an eye for a pass but far too often he got bullied or games just passed him by. 

Been mentioned in the Utd thread that he looks to have bulked up a bit over the summer and I think if he's able to get to grips with the pace and physicality of games his technical ability can shine through.

Or he'll just be shite and get released next summer with a one paragraph statement thanking him for his efforts.

We genuinely have no one in midfield at the moment and it shows. Young Connor Murray has started fairly well but he’s still got a long way to go. Really liked Kyle Turner of Dunfermline and was gutted when they signed him from Stranraer. 

42 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Dele is some boy. Knows that Dundee won't have 4 players in the best 10 midfielders, doesn't think any of United's midfield will make the top 10 (Actually - states Pawlett will but it'll be close as he's finished), states that he doesn't know enough about enough players to give his own 10. Awful lot of opinions on who won't make the list when he apparently doesn't know enough.

Definitely not offended at getting called out on your bullshit.

35 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Yes I thought it was common knowledge that we were shite in the second half of last season.

Shankland won’t singlehandedly win you the league. However he’s always likely to score a goal or 2 even if the team are having an off day.

It’s not outrageous to say that there’s better midfielders in this league than Butcher and Harkes.

Yes, Ayr were pish. Unless you're grossly underestimating the rest of the United squad we'll do well to match even your meagre achievements.