Ayr United vs Queen of the South

12 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I was expecting a more spectacular goal from what I'd read.  Kelly catches it nicely, but it looks saveable to me.

Otherwise, El Bak should definitely have used more intelligence to give Dobbie as big a gift as he'd just received, himself.

I actually thought the Ayr penalty shout was a decent one in the second half, but it's not been mentioned that much.

We really need a win on Saturday.

Penalty incident was right in front of me and I would have been raging if it had been given against us. We had a similar shout at Dens and it looked more of a penalty than on Saturday.

Edited by paulbrucerick

I was expecting a more spectacular goal from what I'd read.  Kelly catches it nicely, but it looks saveable to me.

Actually having seen the replay I’ve gone the other way. On the day from behind the goal I thought Holt could have got closer to the striker and maybe the keeper would be disappointed not saving it.
From the stand though it looks a strong connection and really didn’t give anyone much of a chance.

Actually having seen the replay I’ve gone the other way. On the day from behind the goal I thought Holt could have got closer to the striker and maybe the keeper would be disappointed not saving it.
From the stand though it looks a strong connection and really didn’t give anyone much of a chance.
I don't think it was even Holt's man to pick up tbf. Holt is closer to another Ayr player (his man IMO). Lyon is standing at the edge of the box and he should have been picking up Kelly. It was well struck but you could argue McCrorie should have done better. I was right behind the goal and it looked like he saw it late though.