Ayr United vs Queen of the South

18 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

NEVER

Plus that guy Northfield always starts their match threads so I’m stealing that privilege away from him.

Greenie for annoying Northfield.

However, this thread is premature it'll be filled with pictures of Sir Stephen of Dobbie for the next fortnight.

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Due to both of us being dumped out the LC at the first stage I think it's only fair we give this clash of titans the 2 weeks of build up it deserves. 

Guessing Dobbie will be back for this?

DOBBIE will be back........ 👍 

NEVER

Plus that guy Northfield always starts their match threads so I’m stealing that privilege away from him.
You've managed to make it the least depressing opening post our match thread has had in a while, even though you stated we're already knocked out of a cup competition. Speaks volumes about our usual OP.
Greenie for annoying Northfield.
However, this thread is premature it'll be filled with pictures of Sir Stephen of Dobbie for the next fortnight.
010918%2008%20Dobbie%20celebrates.jpeg

I'm fearing the opposite effect.
He was off the pace when he came back from his injury last time. The one good thing for us this time is that we have more options up front so even if get 60 minutes from him or even if he starts on the bench it isn't the end of the world.

7 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
21 minutes ago, rb123! said:
I'm fearing the opposite effect.

He was off the pace when he came back from his injury last time. The one good thing for us this time is that we have more options up front so even if get 60 minutes from him or even if he starts on the bench it isn't the end of the world.

Just seen you guys signed El Bak yesterday, Dobbie and El Bak up front, as the Ayr fan at Alloa said "Ohhhh jesus christ". That could be a potent strikeforce this season if you get them firing on all cylinders, just don't start it off against us please.

From an Ayr point of view hopefully Dobbie won’t be back in time for this game! El Bakhtaoui always seems to cause us problems. If they both play I’ll predict a draw, if not then us to win 2-0

El Bakhtaoui caused us bother when we had Gerry McLaughlin as a centre back.

He’ll play a blinder against us now.

If we can get a couple of bodies in midfield for this game (preferably big ian wilson) from ayrshires big team we could have a great chance of 3 points. If not even with Dobbs back i would say a score draw.

No need to rush Dobbie back. It’s a concern that it seems to be the same injury he keeps picking up so we need to use him more sensibly this season, unlike last year. We have more options available to rest him so no excuses.

This will probably be a shitfest of a score draw. They always seems to be.

17 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

NEVER

Was going to leave the match thread till next weekend but you got in way before me  

On to the game hopefully we will have Dobbie fit  and at least another 2 new signings both have to be in midfield .

Ayr will as always be a very difficult game 

2 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

From an Ayr point of view hopefully Dobbie won’t be back in time for this game! El Bakhtaoui always seems to cause us problems. If they both play I’ll predict a draw, if not then us to win 2-0

Dobbie will be back. 👍 

This will be our second match in what will be a league within a league . Basically the bottom 5 . Queens at home in the summer is a must win for us as was Morton two weeks ago . In our favour Queens are run by Johnston these day ,but never the less a tough game awaits us . A two week break for the Moff will help . and if Forrest and McCowan can hold their form i think a home win its not out of the question ... Muirhead will also be back fresh and gives us options if Jamie deploys in midfield . Would love it if Doolan breaks his duck in the league .

Spoiler