Today's Games 10/08/19

ex-german exile

2 minutes ago, Mr Happy said:

Was there today. And I couldn't have put it any better. Even shouts for sack the board at the end ( maybe tongue in cheek emoji848.png.

aye cos theres a queue to take their places - not. Board have done their best to back manager. Its his team so theres no hiding place. 3 games in is no time to be panicking though ... he needs time to get things right. That will be forthcoming from club for sure. Fans are more restless as is their want

Guest Mr Happy
aye cos theres a queue to take their places - not. Board have done their best to back manager. Its his team so theres no hiding place. 3 games in is no time to be panicking though ... he needs time to get things right. That will be forthcoming from club for sure. Fans are more restless as is their want

Definitely not panicking, but at the risk of repeating myself [emoji17] I watched all but one of our pre season games. We were hitting the net for fun, but I said then we will need to sort the defending out. That's 6 goals in the two home games, it's not the goals, it's the manner in which we lost them [emoji17] away to Troon next Saturday, so hopefully get our season running.. Next stop its lok on Monday night.

Was there today. And I couldn't have put it any better. Even shouts for sack the board at the end ( maybe tongue in cheek [emoji848].

Def tongue in cheek considering the job our board do, but there are some folks who need to be shown the door after some of our recent displays. We’ve been shite since Marc Mcculloch left the no2 spot.

Darvel 3-4 Shotts.

2 late goals from the visitors gave them a well deserved victory in a highly entertaining game.
Shotts went in at half time a goal in front courtesy of a close range tap in from their no 9 who was the finest player on the pitch.
Darvel had lots of quality possession, but did not trouble Johnny Murdoch in the Shotts goal.
2nd half,Darvel introduced hit man Archie into the action. Within 10 mns Johnny was retrieving the ball twice from his net, unfortunately for Darvel his 1st effort was a yard offside.

Next up Darvel’s best player no 11 netted a free kick from 20 yds.

Shotts retaliated by rushing up the pitch & their no 9 finished off a fine move from close range.

Darvel took the huff at this, & regained the lead when their no 10 blasted them in front after Archie intelligently played the ball back to him & he blasted home from 18 yds.

With the game very much in the balance Darvel mysteriously took off their danger man no 11.
Shotts immediately put them to the sword through 2 fine goals. Firstly Shotts no 8 equalised with a brave header from the 6 yd line. Then in the last minute MOM Shotts no 9 tapped home the winner from close range.

Great game thanks,to everyone concerned.

Edited by Larky55

Cumnock must of been shocking then!!

How can kilbirnie score that many, well they must of been playing a bad team

Hurlford game apart we’ve been scoring goals for fun . Even that game we should have been 2 or 3 up before they scored .

When we play to our strengths we are good . It’s when we start to think about how good the other side might be is where the issues come in .

4 hours ago, .Stuart. said:

Heard that Irvine Celtic shout from a Kilwinning fan today. What’s that all about?

It was a bit of good banter at the game today as the medda fans were not happy with their team some started calling us pennyburn rangers so in return we called them Irvine Celtic it was all good banter and at the end we all shook hands . Only bad thing we heard today was your jealous Secretary Lynne McFarlane calling our new ground a dump unless she's that stupid she still thinks we play at Abbey park ? Overall 2_1 makes it sound a close game but we controlled the game from start to finish and Gary Fleming cruised through it without breaking sweat .

I’m still not getting the Irvine Celtic thing. We’re not linked to any Glasgow club. Don’t understand why old firm fans ever need to bring the gruesome twosome into it.

And I doubt Lyn would be jealous of the Buffs. We have one of the finest grounds in junior football with improvements happening year on year.

Edited by .Stuart.

4 minutes ago, .Stuart. said:

I’m still not getting the Irvine Celtic thing. We’re not linked to any Glasgow club.

And I doubt Lyn would be jealous of the Buffs. We have one of the finest grounds in junior football.

If you dont get the Irvine Celtic but then check your history but as I said just banter . She couldn't say it to our faces only walking out the room ? But we won't forget it !

1 hour ago, wow-wee said:

If you dont get the Irvine Celtic but then check your history but as I said just banter . She couldn't say it to our faces only walking out the room ? But we won't forget it !

Say it for u stuart,not banter, you seem like a bit of a DINOSAUR, go and watch your rangers or celtic, the rest of us will watch BUFFS in a competitive league,  history is supposed to be something you learn from, you haven't learned much. juniors is a different game, no  WOS poison.

3 hours ago, .Stuart. said:

I’m still not getting the Irvine Celtic thing. We’re not linked to any Glasgow club. Don’t understand why old firm fans ever need to bring the gruesome twosome into it.

And I doubt Lyn would be jealous of the Buffs. We have one of the finest grounds in junior football with improvements happening year on year.

Did Irvine Celtic not play at your ground before the current club took over and named themselves after the ground...Meadow.

The whole Irvine Celtic farrago sounds like the old Cumnock chant at Talbot.

You only sing in the chapel. Cumnock speak for not fund raising for the UVF.

Replaced now by a combination of Trappist silence and Burns must go chants