The Mighty Mo V Airdrie

9 hours ago, el Gringo said:

The penalty looked soft to me in "real time" from the halfway line - but to coin a cliche, if you put your hands on somebody in the box, you're giving the ref a decision to make.

Screen Shot 2019-08-11 at 00.44.12.png

But that is clearly outside the box. 

2 minutes ago, PortyMo said:

But that is clearly outside the box. 

It's not clearly anything, his hand looks in line with the penalty box line. But it is also a screenshot, watching the footage shows the contact continues into the box which means a penalty is the correct decision.

Edited by Diamonds are Forever

PS

I hope you guys enjoy your next visit to the town. The end of February when it will be freezing and pishing down with rain/sleet/snow. The Airdrie lads that I was chatting to were a credit to your club. The young lads were a fucking disgrace and have resigned you to the above punishment.  

At the end of the day the ref was given the chance to make the decision.
Every week we can bleat about them but we know they guess at times and/or go with gut feelings.
We move on and welcome Forfar midweek in the SNPBad tea cakes cup or whatever it's called. I'm surprised no one has blamed the First Minister for allowing Colts into the thing yet.

53 minutes ago, PortyMo said:

PS

I hope you guys enjoy your next visit to the town. The end of February when it will be freezing and pishing down with rain/sleet/snow. The Airdrie lads that I was chatting to were a credit to your club. The young lads were a fucking disgrace and have resigned you to the above punishment.  

It rains/sleets/snows in Airdrie too in the end of February you know 🤷‍♂️😂

41 minutes ago, PortyMo said:

PS

Just what I was thinking. 

I had some good crack with the normal Airdrie fans last season.

The stewards were kept busy, segregation the only option due to a group that think they’re Archie, but really just a bunch of embarrassing half wits, could drag the name of your club into the mud.

11 minutes ago, Gogs Grog said:

At the end of the day the ref was given the chance to make the decision.
Every week we can bleat about them but we know they guess at times and/or go with gut feelings.
We move on and welcome Forfar midweek in the SNPBad tea cakes cup or whatever it's called. I'm surprised no one has blamed the First Minister for allowing Colts into the thing yet.

Haha, nicely put.

They tea cakes are banned from the house anyway 

Pleased to get our first league win and first clean sheet of the season too. Disappointing to miss the penalty, and not even get it on target especially, but grinding out wins will be important this season so I’m glad we were able to do that. As others have said too, it seems like we’re still figuring out our best team and we’ll most likely play better and lose on other occasions this season. 

Wee bit disappointed Calum Gallagher didn’t feature at all though. 

PS

Off the train, Picture House, Market Arms, Sharkys, Caledonian, Anchor, Neppy, Chips n Things, Golf Inn (short walk in the snow to get the food down) and then on to Links Park. Sounds perfect to me

The great penalty/Red card debate had me looking at the highlights and as I said yesterday I would have been annoyed at the decision. I can just about see how the officials reached

their decision and while we all love post match chats, I am glad we don't have VAR.  In the event of a February freezing day I will wear my Scottish Hillwalking layers, as indeed I once did at Dumbarton and Brechin in April. As the Big Yin told us, there's no such thing as bad weather, just bad clothing. I think he also said there are two seasons in Scotland June and winter.  

Haven't seen the full highlights yet but we have to accept the penalty decision Airdrie got. Dillon did put a hand on the lads shoulder and it did continue into the box. By the way Mo fans it's not the first time Dillon has given away a silly penalty for pushing/nudging in the box - maybe he's losing his 'professional' touch?

Having accepted the Airdrie penalty what still niggles with me is that I thought we had two reasonable penalty shouts in the second half. Firstly when Steeves careered his way into the box and was upended. Most L1 refs would have given that. Secondly on the 90 minute mark when Milne I think it was was brought down in full flow and the ref gave a free kick right on the 18 yard line.  Again that incident carried on into the box - what's the difference? Most L1 refs, such as Craig Napier would have pointed straight to the spot, but not Mr Dickenson.

No probs with Airdrie getting a lucky break and three points but all afternoon I just had the feeling the Mo were fighting against the tide with even 50/50's not going their way - it happens and we move on.

On 10/08/2019 at 21:45, Roger Thornhill said:

Once we scored  Montrose, to their credit, decided to have a real go and panic set in - any semblance of playing football disappeared and it was hard to tell who had the 11 men - until we regained control for the last 5-10 minutes. HOWEVER - I will take those 3 points any day of the week - and you can take nothing for granted against 10 men - remember Raith Rovers last year?

GENIUS - Should see if you can replace Sir Ian Murray - #MURRYOUT #AIRDRIE4EVAR