The Mighty Mo V Airdrie

Expecting a tight game today.

The 2-0 win at the tail end of last season was the beginning of our push to reach the play offs.. would love to see the same score today but I think it will be a tight one. Wouldn't be surprised to see a draw.

I'll go for 2-2 again. 

Wasn't there but obviously by playing half the game with ten men, the Mo made it difficult for themselves. Looking forward to finding out more from those who witnessed the trauma. Disappointed with the result, as the next two games sure ain't gonna be easy neither. (Don't know why I seem to have begun channeling someone from the wild west - maybe because we've just played Airdrie: well it's west of Plains*, which with a name like that sounds as if it should be somewhere in the Dakotas.)

(* I only know this because I once took a magical mystery tour, a.k.a. the number16 bus from Uphall to Buchanan Street Bus Station.) 

Edited by Brummo
spelling and stuff

Absolutely robbed. 

Was never a penalty / red card. I was standing next to Airdrie fans at the time. Even they were gobsmacked by the decisions and to a man they said we were worth at least a draw.

Not saying we deserved to win but we definitely never deserved to lose.

Late on, Milne cracked a free kick off the bar then the Airdrie keeper had a great save from another free kick.  It was hard to tell who had 10 men and who were the full time team .

From an Airdrie point of view, if that's what you've got to offer, it will be a long turgid season.

Second half we could easily have tired but had good chunks of pressure; a couple of Milne free kicks coming close; hard to tell that we were 10 against 11; deserved a draw.

We certainly had a good go of it and with 11 I think we'd have got a point which I felt we deserved on the performance.

Felt Dickinson was always going to make an incorrect and influential decision for one side in the game after bafflingly ignoring some pretty obvious shoves and fouls first half.

Fleming with a great reaction save first half before the penalty and then the awful penalty miss - we could have got a bit of a pasting had they gone in and heads gone down. But certainly no shame in our performance today.

Tricky run of games continue, so important to keep up the intensity and level of performance.

Nothing between the two teams in the first half. A couple of half chances and saves by the respective keepers. Then right on half time the lino gives a penalty when Dillo and the Airdrie forward tangled as the chased long ball in the box. The boy goes down .. not a single appeal from anyone in white .. the ref is about to waive play on until the lino gets in his ear. Penalty and then to compound it Dillo gets sent off. Would need to see the video but it looked ridiculously soft. I’m not sure but the link looked like the same one that gave Forfar the penalty that never was in the cup game earlier this year. What followed was possibly the worst penalty attemp ever seen. Second half Airdrie started better .. got a deflected goal and from there on in it was all Montrose. Hit the bar .. and their keeper made a good save but it was all for nothing and Airdrie held out for a lucky win.

Nothing between the two teams in the first half. A couple of half chances and saves by the respective keepers. Then right on half time the lino gives a penalty when Dillo and the Airdrie forward tangled as the chased long ball in the box. The boy goes down .. not a single appeal from anyone in white .. the ref is about to waive play on until the lino gets in his ear. Penalty and then to compound it Dillo gets sent off. Would need to see the video but it looked ridiculously soft. I’m not sure but the link looked like the same one that gave Forfar the penalty that never was in the cup game earlier this year. What followed was possibly the worst penalty attemp ever seen. Second half Airdrie started better .. got a deflected goal and from there on in it was all Montrose. Hit the bar .. and their keeper made a good save but it was all for nothing and Airdrie held out for a lucky win.
Jonathan Bell was lino in both games.
Not one for a conspiracy theory, I'm more of the 'just really poor' school of thought.
In other news Epstein committed suicide last night...

Just back home and it was a very narrow win. Nothing between the teams for much of the first half with both sides snatching at occasional chances. It was a  great save by the home goalie but we could not agree on who fired in the shot( Fordyce?) and that looked like the only close thing in that half. It was a long clearance by Airdrie and Dillon did seem to dally which let Smith get in front of him. None of us expected anything (from the faraway stand) and it was a surprise when the award came. It can only have been because the assistant deemed his contact with Smith was not a genuine attempt to play the ball ( new rule this season) and thus a penalty and Red card. I would have been annoyed if given against us but we have had a few dodgy ones already. The blootering of the ball into the stratosphere was probably seen as correct to the home fans, but it was dire to us. The second half let Airdrie go with two upfront and I thought we did deserve the goal . However after that it was all Montrose and those free kicks were really close-we did waste  many corners as well but I will take the ugly three points.  Our hybrid PT/FT mix does not give us much of an edge over a well organised PT side . The four changes made from last week were needed but it was quite a cautious approach a usual. This Jury is still out on our creative/attacking control but the back four were solid and Smith looks really good. Still not convinced with Wedderburn but thought Roberts had a good game. The  two alleged wingers rarely broke through.  A similar start to last season in reverse -lose to Forfar/beat Montrose. We look like  a top four team but alas so does everyone else !

Now for the Bully wee and more penalties and todays Ref was on a par with most officials in  our League.

3 hours ago, Brummo said:

Wasn't there but obviously by playing half the game with ten men, the Mo made it difficult for themselves. Looking forward to finding out more from those who witnessed the trauma. Disappointed with the result, as the next two games sure ain't gonna be easy neither. (Don't know why I seem to have begun channeling someone from the wild west - maybe because we've just played Airdrie: well it's west of Plains*, which with a name like that sounds as if it should be somewhere in the Dakotas.)

(* I only know this because I once took a magical mystery tour, a.k.a. the number16 bus from Uphall to Buchanan Street Bus Station.) 

The Dakotas are in the Midwest rather than yer proper John Wayne country, surely?

I thought Airdrie deserved the win.  Would need to see the penalty decision again, but the linesman certainly had a much better view of it than I did.  Had that been scored you're looking at a very different kind of game in the second half, but while it was a fairly even game in terms of chances created, I don't think we were really under all that much pressure at the end.   I think we're still trying to figure out our best XI, which is normal enough at this stage of the season. 

Wedderburn, McKay and Smith were all good for us, I thought. 

We'll play better than that and lose this season.  In fact we already have, against Hamilton.  It was an enternaining enough game, even though not that many clear-cut chances were created.

Edited by Tulloch Gorum

6 minutes ago, Tulloch Gorum said:

The Dakotas are in the Midwest rather than yer proper John Wayne country, surely?

I thought Airdrie deserved the win.  Would need to see the penalty decision again, but the linesman certainly had a much better view of it than I did.  Had that been scored you're looking at a very different kind of game in the second half, but while it was a fairly even game in terms of chances created, I don't think we were really under all that much pressure at the end.   I think we're still trying to figure out our best XI, whichh is normal enough at this stage of the season. 

Wedderburn, McKay and Smith were all good for us, I thought. 

We'll play worse than that and lose this season.  It was an enternaining enough game, even though not that many clear-cut chances were created.

The linesman has history against the Mo.

Even some of your players telt him he was a p***k, losing Dillon was obviously a boast for you.

Well done to Airdrie.

It was a close enough game but you had the edge.

You might even make 4th place this season.

55 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

Just back home and it was a very narrow win. Nothing between the teams for much of the first half with both sides snatching at occasional chances. It was a  great save by the home goalie but we could not agree on who fired in the shot( Fordyce?) and that looked like the only close thing in that half. It was a long clearance by Airdrie and Dillon did seem to dally which let Smith get in front of him. None of us expected anything (from the faraway stand) and it was a surprise when the award came. It can only have been because the assistant deemed his contact with Smith was not a genuine attempt to play the ball ( new rule this season) and thus a penalty and Red card. I would have been annoyed if given against us but we have had a few dodgy ones already. The blootering of the ball into the stratosphere was probably seen as correct to the home fans, but it was dire to us. The second half let Airdrie go with two upfront and I thought we did deserve the goal . However after that it was all Montrose and those free kicks were really close-we did waste  many corners as well but I will take the ugly three points.  Our hybrid PT/FT mix does not give us much of an edge over a well organised PT side . The four changes made from last week were needed but it was quite a cautious approach a usual. This Jury is still out on our creative/attacking control but the back four were solid and Smith looks really good. Still not convinced with Wedderburn but thought Roberts had a good game. The  two alleged wingers rarely broke through.  A similar start to last season in reverse -lose to Forfar/beat Montrose. We look like  a top four team but alas so does everyone else !

Now for the Bully wee and more penalties and todays Ref was on a par with most officials in  our League.

Kudos, fair report which pretty much covered everything I wanted to say about the game. Was one of the handful who went to the beach end first half so didn't see the penalty close but looked soft even from there. Can't fault the effort from out team today, did what they could with the iffy hand they were dealt. Sadly less than impressed with a few of the badger baiting idiots in the away support, who have almost certainly consigned the next game to segregation through a lack of common sense. 

Edited by Scorge