Archive Junior internationals

Okay so my grandad William McLellan and his brother James played  not only for Saltcoats Victoria but also internationally for Scotland. Many years ago when it was Saltcoats centenary  I saw an old archive film at the Regal Cinema  of my grandad captaining Scotland and scoring the winning goal. I cannot find anything on the internet and hoping someone will be able to help as I would love vector have images of him as captain but oh to see him score the winning goal . Priceless . Would appreciate site any help 

1 hour ago, gogsy said:

or use this link

https://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php?/topic/247641-junior-internationals-–-questions-help-clarification-etc/page/11/#comments

Poster named bluedragon has been researching all the junior internationals, good chance he will have details.

Actually the link below will take you his database

http://sjfh.co.nf/

Database has your granddad playing two games in 1926 and captaining the team for the three games in 1928 although it doesn't have him down as scoring any of the goals in these matches.  His brother seems to have played one game in 1926.

Cheers for the link gogsy, noticed the other database website is slowly falling apart so great to have this bookmarked now 👍

Was it not this footage of the 1925 Junior Cup Final between Saltcoats Vics and St Anthonys.  This film has footage of all three games and the McLellan brothers played in all three.

https://movingimage.nls.uk/film/0577

23rd May 1925 - St Anthony's 1 Saltcoats 1 (James McLellan)

Replay 30th May 1925 - St Anthony's 3 Saltcoats 3 (William McLellan 2, James McLellan)

2nd replay 6th June 1925 - St Anthony's 1 Saltcoats 2 (Barr, Brunton)

Edited by Brig O'Lea

Fiona the only footage I have seen is the link posted by “Brig o’Lea” of the 1925 Junior Cup Final where your grandad scored a goal in the first replay.

As “Gogsy” has said although he played five times for Junior Scotland he did not score a goal.

The 1925 Junior Cup Final football was filmed by Harry Kemp who I understand came from a family of showmen and who ran the first cinemas in Saltcoats. He realised that filming local events, etc., especially crowd scenes with local people, brought customers to his cinema. That said, he must have filmed more matches involving local clubs and players. However, I doubt that his cameraman travelled too far. Four of your grandad’s Junior Scotland matches were played relatively far away (Tynecastle Park, Edinburgh X 2, Pittodrie Park, Aberdeen and Solitude, Belfast) but the 1928 match against Wales was played at Firhill, Glasgow. I am sure Harry Kemp would have seen the benefit of getting some film of local players representing Scotland. It might just be there is some footage somewhere of your grandad playing for Junior Scotland. There must be an archive somewhere of films made for Harry Kemp.

William and James McLellan have the unique distinction (so far as I know!) of being the only brothers to have played alongside each other in a winning Junior Cup team and for Junior Scotland. In those days the Junior Scotland team was selected by a committee and the results were not noted for consistency! For your grandad to not only have played in all three internationals in 1928 but captain the side in all three games was a rare achievement.