Rovers v Cove

42 minutes ago, Bold Rover said:

I'd've thought that makes him available for loan, no?

You would think if Motherwell put him out on loan they would be looking to send him to someone higher up. Probably learned all he's going to learn in L2. 

37 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

You would think if Motherwell put him out on loan they would be looking to send him to someone higher up. Probably learned all he's going to learn in L2. 

I get that, but nothing seems to have happened...

4 minutes ago, Bold Rover said:

I get that, but nothing seems to have happened...

Sometimes its towards the end of the window before Premiership clubs send folk out on loan to make sure there covered themselves. Wasn't it towards the end of August last yer he joined Rovers?

Edited to add it was mid September.

Edited by cowdenbeath

3 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Sometimes its towards the end of the window before Premiership clubs send folk out on loan to make sure there covered themselves. Wasn't it towards the end of Aigust last yer he joined Rovers?

Think league 2 window doesn’t close till end of sept so premier clubs won’t consider loans till after Aug deadline for them 

2 hours ago, teekasule said:

absolutely amazing GIUY between both benches. lovely stuff. ha ha 

The wee midget baldy boy in black on the Cove bench was hilarious. Giving it big from the safety of the dugout then shaking hands at the end like he is everyone’s best pal.

40 minutes ago, Brazilianlex said:

The wee midget baldy boy in black on the Cove bench was hilarious. Giving it big from the safety of the dugout then shaking hands at the end like he is everyone’s best pal.

As I mentioned in my first post always thought it would be an interesting game as Cove would have probably both eyes on Rovers for the best part of last season. 

There must have been a bit of afters between the two benches which is fairly standard and adds a bit of spice. It was their manager, directors and fans were shaking their heads at full time - they should count themselves lucky they got a draw . Maybe they expect to gub everyone 5-0 although you earn the right to do that. In fairness they are a really good team and should have been up by more at h/t. They have more money than a horse can shite so I fully expect them to splash the cash during the winter transfer window. 

Cove v Cowdenbeath should be another interesting fixture.

16 hours ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

What a game :lol:

Certainly looks to be a more competitive season down Cliftonhill way.

(PS horrendous goalkeeping for the Cove second...can't see Harper persisting with that boy for too long)

Night and day compared to last year.

Smith is a young keeper only 17. We have strengthened in all areas. The goalkeeping department is probably the only doubt IMHO.

17 minutes ago, Vodka Vic said:

Night and day compared to last year.

Smith is a young keeper only 17. We have strengthened in all areas. The goalkeeping department is probably the only doubt IMHO.

Real shame for the Rovers keeper, didn’t look too clever at one of the other goals too. Hope it was just a one-off.

I saw the game for the previous week and Stenny's equaliser went straight through his hands.

Didn't realise he was only 17, right enough, and he's not too bad, but would've thought a more experienced figure would be needed longer term. Rovers look tidy this season and interesting to hear this is the last position needing attention.

I don’t think Smith could have done much with the other three goals. McKenzie for Cove who has been round the blocks a few times handed Rovers their third goal on a plate. It’s all relative I suppose.

Rovers have Smith , Goodfellow and Potts. Smith has done ok but with young players you need to guard their confidence. Not seen much of Goodfellow this season but saw enough of him at Berwick.