Both Dundee teams gtf

DAFC and Dundee showed the nation last week that we have the two nicest strips in Scotland. £25 should be the minimum either side should be charging to get the chance to view them in the flesh. Not sure what United's justification can be, they don't even have any referees on the payroll. 

We've learned from out dark administration days. Dundee are now hurtling towards admin 3.  

I don’t speak for all Dundee fans... but personally I’m looking forward to the final chapter in the admin trilogy. Second wasn’t quite as spectacular as the first, though. Always the way.

9 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

@Dele is an angry, angry man.

Angry? Not in the slightest my Friend. 

Angry would be starting a topic about boycotting football clubs as you refuse to spend essentially the price of a large coffee more to support your club. Angry would be to then go on about unemployment like it's so e sort of laugh to have at those people. Angry would be following Dundee about the forum a week after chucking a two goal lead away.

Me? Angry? I'll see you at 5pm Saturday then, cunto.

13 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Also even if this thread is a bit of a minter the point stands that £24 to see Scottish second tier football is a rip-off.

This.

Not sure what the price elasticity of demand is for Scottish Championship fixtures but if the two clubs are doing well the income from increased home support will probably compensate for away fans unwilling to pay the prices.

All joking aside, I don't understand why fans of any club would be trying to defend their boards pricing policy when it's clearly overcharging everyone, including themselves, for the product on offer.

I'll not be boycotting etc, however I don't think anyone can seriously argue that £24 is a tad expensive to watch the 2nd tier of Scottish football.

Similarly, Morton were charging £20 last season to stand in a restricted view area of their ground and again that was pretty outrageous, especially with the dross they were offering up on the park which would certainly not pass as any form of "entertainment".

Still, I suppose it gives us all something to moan and argue about, if nothing else...............

Always good seeing someone use unemployment to point score on a football messageboard.

Anyway.... wouldn't argue with anyone who thinks £24 Is too much to pay to watch 2nd tier Scottish football but the reality is the United board won't be giving a f**k about the views of fans of Ayr, Inverness et al provided home fans keep showing up (7k at the weekend) and the derbies are well attended (they will be).

Should it be changed? Yes, £24 for watching Championship football is OTT. Will it be changed? No. Why pester us about it?

If you're complaining about it there's a good chance you weren't coming anyway. Especially this bellend:

1 hour ago, Honestmen said:

2nd highest rate of adult unemployment in British cities, all starting to make sense.

Whether Dundee or United get 200 or 400 away fans is largely meaningless to the owners, as they would much rather be getting 5, 6, 7k of their home fans to show up, and by buying talent like Shankland and Hemmings, both teams will probably feel justified in charging that amount as those 2 names alone have the potential to bring hundreds, if not 1 or 2 thousand extra to games by themselves.

In short, it'd be nice if you lads come down to this wonderful city of ours, but if you don't, I don't wanna hear about why.

2nd highest rate of unemployment...

Just incase you're wondering, this is where you lost the thread (and the argument).

As an Ayr fan, it's my closest game, and I'll be handing over my cash with an appropriate tut and shake of the head. I might make a throwaway comment to the guy on the desk, but not one that would be aimed directly at him. That's how I roll these days.

£24 a pop is only just south of ridiculous for a second-tier Scottish league match.  It's £20 at Cappielow - still high IMO, but that seems about the average in this division. With a season ticket we're being charged £16.66 per league game. Nearly 50% more to see the same teams away? Naah. 

1 hour ago, Dele said:

Angry? Not in the slightest my Friend. 

Angry would be starting a topic about boycotting football clubs as you refuse to spend essentially the price of a large coffee more to support your club. Angry would be to then go on about unemployment like it's so e sort of laugh to have at those people. Angry would be following Dundee about the forum a week after chucking a two goal lead away.

Me? Angry? I'll see you at 5pm Saturday then, cunto.

Is there a Ruel Street in Dundee?