Edinburgh City Vs. Brechin City

Well... Edinburgh play Brechin at Ainslie Park this Saturday, where anything could happen!

I actually saw Brechin play in the Betfred cup at Forfar a couple of weeks ago, and they're not as bad as is made out. Nothing much up front but they gave Forfar a decent game for a while that day.

I really hope that the Edinburgh City players will actually show up this week and maybe we can nick a 1-0 win.

However, Last week's horror no-show up at Cove is still fresh in my memory, so my prediction here is 1-1.

17 hours ago, Tenkay said:

Well... Edinburgh play Brechin at Ainslie Park this Saturday, where anything could happen!

I actually saw Brechin play in the Betfred cup at Forfar a couple of weeks ago, and they're not as bad as is made out. Nothing much up front but they gave Forfar a decent game for a while that day.

I really hope that the Edinburgh City players will actually show up this week and maybe we can nick a 1-0 win.

However, Last week's horror no-show up at Cove is still fresh in my memory, so my prediction here is 1-1.

City are 11-10 on at Wullie Hull's to win which seems less than generous odds given the form. Lump a fiver on a 1-1 Tenkay and you'll get a decent return IIRC.

When does the buck stop of were improving or weve had a few chances.I thought we were really poor maybe marginally better 2nd half put alot of crosses into the box but with no end product very worried man for the season ahead be interesting to know Barry's record since he took over at this rate he is leading us to the highland league !

A positive assessment of that game would be that it shows the benefit of having firepower like Shepherd, Handling and Henderson on the bench to call on. A more negative reading would be that it’s the 2nd game of the season and we’re already at the ‘chuck everyone who can score on and see what happens’ stage.

Thought the decision to take of Brown was ridiculous (unless he was tiring but he looked fine) and that we won that game based on little more than dumb luck.

Weird thing is we played some reasonable stuff going forward and scored 2 good goals but still.........

Been a while since I’ve seen a team play 4-2-4, well since Jimmy Calderwood packed it in anyway.

Well that has to go down as one of the most unusual football days I have encountered in a long while. First time I have watched a game roond the back of a leisure centre on the number 1 pitch while a junior game was going on at the same time on the adjacent one.  ..............It took a while to get used to the ref's whistle from the other pitch.   

That said though, it wasn't a bad day despite the result . The home fans  we were next to were quite friendly  and the wee lass from the pie shop cheered us up  by handing out the leftover pies midway through the second half. 

Thought we maybe deserved the draw after a spirited second half  but again a wee lapse in concentration from our defence cost us right at the death. 

Shagger again worked his socks off but he could benefit from someone alongside him  to take the chances . Big Ross tried hard but he doesn't have that killer touch as yet. 

We really need to get some points on the board pretty soon though. 

2nd half much better from Brechin after the introduction of Watt. On that 2nd half display a draw would've been a fair result, but it wasn't to be.

As for Crawford, looks like a another Ross Kavanagh...

Decent wee bar in the ground and a decent pie for a change. Good of the young the lass from the pie hut to come out with the left over pies!

Tough game next week against Albion Rovers, hopefully some points on the board sooner rather than later

2nd half much better from Brechin after the introduction of Watt. On that 2nd half display a draw would've been a fair result, but it wasn't to be.
As for Crawford, looks like a another Ross Kavanagh...
Decent wee bar in the ground and a decent pie for a change. Good of the young the lass from the pie hut to come out with the left over pies!
Tough game next week against Albion Rovers, hopefully some points on the board sooner rather than later
Queens park first then Albion.
Yep, why Crawford wasn't subbed will remain a mystery. Better 2nd half, created a few chances.
Result apart it was a good day out. Friendly staff, fans and even the stewards were good. Food and drink[emoji1417]