Ludo*1

Strikers of The Championship

For me, its all round skill and scoring tally.  And I think Dobbie is better than anyone else in those 2 categories.  Even at the age of 51.

Yeah don’t think conversion rate matters much. Guys like Mo Salah and Kylian Mbappé miss about 145 chances per game but they still bang in the goals anyway.

I’d like to nominate Nikolay Todorov for best striker in the league.

Following on from the goalkeeper thread I posted this morning, we are probably in quite a strong place as far as the top 10 strikers in the league go. I can name more than 10 easily, and to put them in order would be a challenge and a half. I've given it a go, but I've no doubt others will disagree. I've put Nelson higher than most probably would, but I just think he's got an explosive x-factor.

My personal (Bias) order would be as follows:

1. Kane Hemmings.
2. Stephen Dobbie
3. Lawrence Shankland
4. Kevin Nisbet
5. Michael Moffat
6. Andrew Nelson
7. Danny Johnson
8. Nicky Clark
9. Kenny Miller
10. Kris Doolan
Anyone I've unfairly missed out? What's your listing?

Ludo u r a genuine clown

On 09/08/2019 at 13:36, virginton said:

Strikers are vastly overrated IMO. The only time that we've had a forward breaking double figures in the last five seasons was Denny Johnstone (14) in 2016. despite this we still reached the play-offs with Ross Forbes (9) as our top scorer and have finished above the Stephen Dobbie + ten other ringers outfit quite comfortably every season.

The 2017/18 table would suggest otherwise.

image.thumb.png.3f5ad342f82e36b9f99fc40bd5073fd9.png

With regard to your point about strikers being 'overrated', I have to say I disagree. Shankland's ability to score a goal from nowhere last season was the reason that we made the Premiership Playoffs, and indeed the reason we achieved promotion to The Championship in the first place (along with Raith Rovers shiting the bed).

2 hours ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

The 2017/18 table would suggest otherwise.

image.thumb.png.3f5ad342f82e36b9f99fc40bd5073fd9.png

With regard to your point about strikers being 'overrated', I have to say I disagree. Shankland's ability to score a goal from nowhere last season was the reason that we made the Premiership Playoffs, and indeed the reason we achieved promotion to The Championship in the first place (along with Raith Rovers shiting the bed).

I'd argue a massive point in us behind in fourth that year was having a fairly reliable goalscorer in Nicky Clarke, in fact I'm sure it was him who scored in the last minute to cement our playoff position against Inverness. 

From what I remember about Inverness they didn't quite have that. 

Just now, lochgellyPAR said:

Has anybody mentioned Robbie Muirhead yet?

Does he count as a striker or is he a winger?

Played at left back for a short while at Morton apparently. 

2 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Played at left back for a short while at Morton apparently. 

Braw, I'll be sure to mention his name in the Defenders thread instead

cheers

Only one player mentioned into next round of the cup with another goal to boot. Class is timeless.

17-08-19-betfred-cup-second-round-partick-19212261.jpg.dd2eb77d566793bf2a70adc636ab345a.jpg

Only one player mentioned into next round of the cup with another goal to boot. Class is timeless.
17-08-19-betfred-cup-second-round-partick-19212261.jpg.dd2eb77d566793bf2a70adc636ab345a.jpg
When did Thierry come out of retirement?