Greenock Morton v Alloa Athletic - 10/8/19

Our 3rd was a slight push and so thought it was a foul. It wasn't as bad as that Alloa fan made it out to be right enough. 

Alloa should have went in ahead at half time, after Morton went ahead in the 2nd half it was never in doubt, red card or not. 

Also the ref was absolutely murder. Dished out cards like sweeties and generally didn't let a minute of the game pass without blowing his whistle for some stupid reason when he should have been letting the game flow. Absolute diddy.

It was more than just a slight push, two hands in the back... but will take those breaks. Alloa’s discipline was terrible today, trouten should have also walked today as should the number 6. He tried to ref the game constantly moaning at the ref. The red card is just crazy stuff and cost Alloa any chance they had. We looked a threat all day going forward and if we can sort the defence out then we will defo have a shot at a place off place.

Alloa’s goal was a brilliant move and finish and not enough credit given.

Well it's going to be fun watching the Ton this season.

Going score a few but will lose a few to teams who can do our defence.

Didn't notice the push but Graham had a meltdown. 

Good goal from Alloa but defence all got back into the box leaving the 18 yard zone free.

Thought Reece's goal was a thing of beauty,  got the ball in his own half moved forward and released left runner, continued into box and applied a fine finish. RIP Tids. 

We needed that result and 2nd half display yesterday as the 1st half was a disgrace! Alloa at times looked neat and tidy on the ball with their passing without doing much damage! 2nd goal for us was a killer blow, we looked like a different team after that. The counter attack move for Lyon’s goal was brilliant! Millar was solid in the middle and actually made Blues look ok, McHugh with probably his best ever performance for us, 3 goals and an assist but yet again Cadden and Nesbitt the standouts, wrap those 2 in cotton wool please, losing any of them would be a massive kick in the baws!

Graham basically had McHugh in a full nelson at every high ball without being penalised for it so it's a great laugh that us getting away with a wee push back sent him into meltdown. 

A decision that ultimately probably cost at the end of the day.

I would suggest you go and pull a cows c**t over your head and get a bull to f**k some sense into it
IMO robbo isn't a full back done a job for us yes but going forward not for me . football is all about options

15 hours ago, madton said:

When do you think highlights will be up mate seeing as our pub team mentality club won't have any.... 

This afternoon. Just tidying up the last of the highlights - got the overlay bits and commentary to do. Normally I get it done before I play football at 5:30 and I'm on track so far.

45 minutes ago, AyrshireTon said:

Goal cam of the Morton goals - the third isn't even a subtle push, I can see why Graham felt aggrieved (but not why he kept ranting his way to a red card).

Graham had his arms round McHugh at every opportunity which went  unpunished prior to that goal. Get it right up him. 

Still shakey defensively. Hopkin has said he's looking at 2 defenders and a keeper.

I'm not sure if he's still playing but would Tomas Cerny be a decent loan option? Last I remember he was back up at Aberdeen. Good bit of experience too.

I was also a bit critical at the time of Ramsbottom, he's a bit of a scapegoat, for the goal but he couldn't do much about it.

However, Nesbitt and Cadden are a joy to watch. Almost worth the entry fee at the moment. And we are also managing to score, although conceding a lot too. We are close to a good side that can challenge for the play offs.

3 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

This afternoon. Just tidying up the last of the highlights - got the overlay bits and commentary to do. Normally I get it done before I play football at 5:30 and I'm on track so far.

Credit to you mate, puts our club to shame! 

McAlister alongside the rest of the defence were really poor in the first half and after Graham got himself sent off they had very little to do in the second. I don't think our overall performance in the first half was anywhere near as bad as some people are claiming but by the same token a confident second half showing after the second goal doesn't mean that we're close to solving some major problems in the team. A more clinical side than Alloa will punish the number of errors and chances that were given away in the first hour yesterday. There is a genuine attacking threat to build on - what we do with the remainder of our budget between now and the window closing could change our league position by four or five places.  

Edited by vikingTON