Greenock Morton v Alloa Athletic - 10/8/19

We were abysmal in the first half. Better in the 2nd and then result never in doubt after the (bizarre) sending off.

Cameron Blues was surprisingly ok. Millar had a poor start but good 2nd half. 

McHugh is McHugh - largely underrated by Morton fans but will score goals when he gets chances of which he will get many with Cadden and Nesbitt either side of him.

The referee was fucking abysmal.

Regan Tumilty managed to look completely out of his depth with about 6 minutes on the park as well.

If we're not going to try Salkeld there then we need a right back in almost as much we need a decent centre back.

A bad call rather than a brave one IMO. Also poor that Brown came on to replace wee Kev instead of Robbo.

Very unlike Andy Graham to lose his discipline. The game was more than likely gone by then anyway, with Morton's second goal being the turning point, but it was definitely out of our reach when we went down to ten men.

We had two or three good chances to get a second goal before Morton did, we didn't take any of those and paid the price.

Robbo drop forDea’s to start is very harsh on Robbo.Dea’s only has had one training session very brave call by the manager.

Anyone hazard a guess at Mortons formation?

Ramsbottom 

Jacobs -McAlister - McLean - Strapp

Blues  - Millar - Lyons

Cadden - Nesbitt

McHugh 

I've got the footage and I have no idea what it is... Think its that now tbh

Edited by LeodhasXD

18 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

Anyone hazard a guess at Mortons formation?

Ramsbottom 

Jacobs -McAlister - McLean - Strapp

Blues  - Millar - Lyons

Cadden - Nesbitt

McHugh 

I've got the footage and I have no idea what it is... Think its that now tbh

Nesbitt pretty much had a free role off McHugh. Cadden mostly on the left in an advanced role. Millar and Blues in centre mid, with Lyon right of them (but not quite right mid). 

It's essentially a 4-3-3 with McHugh, Nesbitt and Cadden as the front 3 and Millar, Blues, and Lyon in midfield (if you want to simplify it). 

43 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

Referee's had a shocker for the third goal. Clear as day pushes Deas to the ground. Andy's called him out on it got booked for dissent then must've said something worse to get a straight red after losing the plot at the booking.

Yeah, I didn't even celebrate at first because I assumed the ref was going to give the foul for the very obvious push.