Greenock Morton v Alloa Athletic - 10/8/19

A game that looked ideal to put three points on board just a few weeks ago looks anything but following the opening round of games. The injury picked up by Peter Grant at Ayr is a particular concern for us right now, as our other natural centre backs are truly stinking. And that's before reckoning with the beach volleyball ringer that we've got in goal as well. All in all it's the perfect time for an opponent to visit Cappielow and pick up an away win.

Attack will have to be our best form of defence yet again but Alloa look much more solid now than at the start of the League Cup campaign; it's a shame that Parry seems to have recovered as his haddy replacement might have evened things up in that department. 

1-3

4 hours ago, virginton said:

NB: If that useless ringer 'Blues' gets a game ahead of Lyon and Millar again then the TTG hounding window will officially open for this campaign. 

Enough of this born again "Hoppy Loving" guff. Stop hedging your bets and release your inner loathing.

You'll be gutted when he succeeds. 

Whilst I agree that Lyon or Millar should have came on last week ( or even better, started)  I don't think Blues has been particularly bad in his 2 sub appearances, he just didnt' do much and to label him a ringer is premature to say the least IMO.

Was reading that Gary Holt rates him highly so I would imagine there is a player in there somewhere.

If he does get a run in the team and doesn't do anything then he can absolutely go into the Dylan Dykes bin but I'm not writing him off after a couple of sub appearances, especially when the rest of the team were playing pish around him.

1 hour ago, Branch Ton said:

Enough of this born again "Hoppy Loving" guff. Stop hedging your bets and release your inner loathing.

You'll be gutted when he succeeds. 

What did he say that wasn't accurate?

5 minutes ago, madton said:

Whilst I agree that Lyon or Millar should have came on last week ( or even better, started)  I don't think Blues has been particularly bad in his 2 sub appearances, he just didnt' do much and to label him a ringer is premature to say the least IMO.

Was reading that Gary Holt rates him highly so I would imagine there is a player in there somewhere.

If he does get a run in the team and doesn't do anything then he can absolutely go into the Dylan Dykes bin but I'm not writing him off after a couple of sub appearances, especially when the rest of the team were playing pish around him.

I am.   He's absolute muck.   

46 minutes ago, LargsTON said:

What did he say that wasn't accurate?

Thought it was obvious that it's what he didn't say that I was commenting on.

He usually doesn't miss a chance to abuse Hoppy. Doubtless though his  haranguing will resume  as soon as the mood of our support bends to that direction. 

4 hours ago, madton said:

'Didn't do much' also aptly describes his performance in a 0-7 two leg playoff shoeing by Cove Rangers, as part of his stunning contribution to Berwick's relegation as one of the worst teams in the entire history of Scottish football. And no doubt summarises his turn in a Brechin side in the first half of last season that got relegated from the seaside leagues; and his spell in the previous season at an Edinburgh City side that finished an abysmal 9th in League Two. 

He's absolutely dung. Every single piece of evidence confirms this. 

I remember reading that Jim McInally and Jonatan Johansson were highly rated coaches from their time in youth setups, but that turned out to be complete and utter nonsense as well. 

Holt's hardly going to say 'yeah this guy's stinking, can't wait to get shot of him' either - not least when Livingston have just conned Morton out of an undisclosed fee for that other useless haddy at the back. He's pissing himself laughing right now, not waiting on tenterhooks for the latest updates on that ringer's performances with us. 

He's made nearly fifty appearances at senior league level and that track record speaks for itself: Berwick (dung; relegated); Brechin (dung; relegated); Edinburgh (dung; nearly relegated). This is all just special pleading because it was Morton who ended up signing this totally useless ringer and not Arbroath or Ayr United. 

Edited by vikingTON

Oh and it's also worth pondering why after leaving a terrible Brechin side halfway through last season, 'highly rated' 'Cameron Blues' wasn't snapped up by any halfway credible seaside league club - including title-chasing Edinburgh, his former team and much closer to his parent club - but was instead shipped off to the most rancid football side in the entire country. 

Definitely the mark of a future starlet!

Edited by vikingTON

12 hours ago, virginton said:

Oh and it's also worth pondering why after leaving a terrible Brechin side halfway through last season, 'highly rated' 'Cameron Blues' wasn't snapped up by any halfway credible seaside league club - including title-chasing Edinburgh, his former team and much closer to his parent club - but was instead shipped off to the most rancid football side in the entire country. 

Definitely the mark of a future starlet!

Have you been listening to Torrential Outpour Blues by the White Stripes or are you going to get the tannoy guy to play Three O'clock Blues? 

You can never take one of your obsessions too far. 

Feck me VT on a roll.

Witnessed the good, the bad the ugly all ready this season from the Ton.

Surely Van Shite can't be as headless and slow to react as at Ayr.

This will be a test for Hoppy's direct hoffball tactics looking for a 4-2 result.

4 hours ago, Branch Ton said:

Have you been listening to Torrential Outpour Blues by the White Stripes or are you going to get the tannoy guy to play Three O'clock Blues? 

You can never take one of your obsessions too far. 

"Boy's got those Cameron Blues,

It's already old news,

Wish he'd shut up with his mews,

'Bout ol' Cameron Blues......."

eye theng yew...............

ETA :  vt  going all po-faced again, took less than 5 minutes for the rid dot to arrive.  😆

Edited by Rudolph Hucker

The ticketing arrangements are an absolute nightmare.

Last couple of games I've waited in the queue at Cappielow to buy tickets and it's all a bit of a shambles to be honest.

Decided to try get a fan card and it's impossible to actually do on that awful website.

I had a season card last season, which I thought could function as a fan card for this season but no one at Morton answers emails or phone calls to actually tell me and when I try buy a ticket it seems to suggest I'll need to collect a paper ticket. So I click to buy the fan card which I thought was £2 but it adds to the basket at £0 so you can't get through checkout as it asks for card details then says amount must be greater than £0...

Have we paid interstadia their £100k yet because it appears that we still don't have a functioning website! 

Edited by #Gary