Goalkeepers of The Premiership

Just posted a similar thread in the Championship forum but thought there could be some interesting debate in this forum as well. Let's rank the starting goalkeepers in terms of goal tending ability. First choice keepers only (For example, I rate Trevor Carson higher than I do Gillespie but he's first choice at Motherwell just now). I'll compile my list (Which is unlikely to be accurate as there's a few I've not saw anything of) so that the list of names are readily available, then it's over to you to organise it in an objective manner.

1. Alan McGregor
2. Ofir Marciano
3. Joe Lewis
4. Vaclav Hladky
5. Scott Bain
6. Zander Clark
7. Mark Gillespie
8. Bobby Zlamal
9. Laurentiu Branescu (Only saw 1 game tbf!)
10. Owain Fon Williams
11. Ross Stewart
12. Ross Laidlaw

Over to you guys!

Just now, TheScarf said:

Scott Bain would be near the bottom for me.  He's a complete flapper.

Me too. Subjectively I think he's absolute gash, but I was trying to be as objective as possible.

The goalkeepers in this league 10 seasons ago (Ordered by league position their club finished):

Allan McGregor
Artur Boruc
Nicky Weaver
Graham Stack
John Ruddy
Marian Kello
Tomas Cerny
Alan Main
Jamie Langfield
Paul Gallacher
Cammy Bell
Bobby Olejnik

Better then or now?

2 hours ago, dezz said:

Slightly biased but Gillespie is miles ahead of Bain and Hladky. He’s been absolutely outstanding since he replaced Carson.

Yep. Probably under the radar a bit compared to Carson but he's scarcely made an error since he came in and is one of the better keepers we've had although not at the Randolph/Ruddy level obviously. Loves a penalty save too.

Bain at #5? Laughable.

Laidlaw at #12 is fair for now probably, he's done nothing wrong so far but he's generally been a back up keeper all his career so far, big chance for him with Baxter injured.

9 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Just posted a similar thread in the Championship forum but thought there could be some interesting debate in this forum as well. Let's rank the starting goalkeepers in terms of goal tending ability. First choice keepers only (For example, I rate Trevor Carson higher than I do Gillespie but he's first choice at Motherwell just now). I'll compile my list (Which is unlikely to be accurate as there's a few I've not saw anything of) so that the list of names are readily available, then it's over to you to organise it in an objective manner.

1. Alan McGregor
2. Ofir Marciano
3. Joe Lewis
4. Vaclav Hladky
5. Scott Bain
6. Zander Clark
7. Mark Gillespie
8. Bobby Zlamal
9. Laurentiu Branescu (Only saw 1 game tbf!)
10. Owain Fon Williams
11. Ross Stewart
12. Ross Laidlaw

Over to you guys!

I think the top 3 are quite a lot better than the rest.

I would have Bain in the bottom 3. Don’t rate him at all.

Hard to judge as I've never seen Branescu play or Ross Stewart, so I'll not bother slotting them in anywhere as its pointless. 

1. Joe Lewis
  2. Allan McGregor
  3. Ofir Marciano
  4. Mark Gillespie
  5. Zander Clark
  6. Vaclav Hladky
  7. Owain Fon Williams
  8. Scott Bain
  9. Bobby Zlamal
  10. Ross Laidlaw