Goalkeepers of The Championship

Ramsbottom's still worse, he can be no. 9 though. 

Passed the ball straight to a Morton player in our win at Firhill in December so it's not as if his strength is building play from the back either. Just a overrated, out of his depth, youth huddy. 

Edited by vikingTON

People touting Sneddon as a decent keeper are miles aff it, he's always been nervy as f**k. Capable of a decent reaction save but even Ramsbottom could do that, probably. 

Bizarrely is he not keeping out Fox? Who's genuinely a pretty safe pair of hands as this level. 

People touting Sneddon as a decent keeper are miles aff it, he's always been nervy as f**k. Capable of a decent reaction save but even Ramsbottom could do that, probably. 

Bizarrely is he not keeping out Fox? Who's genuinely a pretty safe pair of hands as this level. 

You are miles aff it - Sneddon is an excellent keeper and generally very calm. One poor game does not change that.

Doohans dropped one cross from his time with us that I can remember )last week) and he is being labelled a flapper 😂 he’s been catching everything he goes for before the Morton game. Will see what today brings for him. Would say he’s in the top 5 keepers in the league.

6 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Not for long, I’d guess.

Sneddon was generally solid last season (one howler against Morton is the only real mistake I can remember), and it seems like Caldwell gave them the League Cup games to determine his who would start the league season at #1. Sneddon did look slightly better in those games, but you can tell it’s a chop & change situation, and after last night’s poor goal I could see Fox back in for County next week.

20 hours ago, callum-ayr said:

Doohans dropped one cross from his time with us that I can remember )last week) and he is being labelled a flapper 😂 he’s been catching everything he goes for before the Morton game. Will see what today brings for him. Would say he’s in the top 5 keepers in the league.

Being in the top 5 keepers in this league isn't a compliment.

I'm including Scott Fox ahead of Sneddon for Partick, because only a moron called Gary wouldn't.

1. Scott Fox
  2. Mark Ridgers
  3. Benji Siegriest
  4. Ross Doohan
  5. Neil Parry
  6. Robby McCrorie
  7. Ryan Scully
  8. Jack Hamilton
  9. Darren Jamieson
  10. Sam Ramsbottom
Edited by RandomGuy.

2 minutes ago, Scosha said:

We’ve done really well to get him to join us. Fingers crossed that’s the last we’ll see of flapping Ramsbottom. 

Aberdeen have been trying to punt him round Championship clubs for a couple of weeks. He will likely be decent enough but the 'done really well to get him' patter is laughable.

32 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Aberdeen have been trying to punt him round Championship clubs for a couple of weeks. He will likely be decent enough but the 'done really well to get him' patter is laughable.

How so?

How so?

If he’s been offered about then Aberdeen clearly don’t want him and given just about every team in the league has a settled first choice option there couldn’t have been much competition. Dundee are really the only other team that I could see bring in a GK.