Goalkeepers of The Championship

Ayr fans overrate their players more than any club outside the OF. They used to cream themselves over Jamie Adams ffs. Scully is definitely not the 3rd best keeper in the division but I'd also doubt he's the worst. He's really not done much wrong at all since returning to EEP but he's a step down from Sean Murdoch.

I will still happily admit that I think Adams has been and hopefully will continue to be a terrific player for us. 

Does any1 know how many clean sheets doohan kept last season ?

Doohan kept 14 along with Scott Fox. However both played all 36 games. Ridgers had 13 clean sheets in 30 games so had comfortably the best clean sheet percentage in the league. Only other double figures was Siegrist with 10.

Ridgers also kept 15 clean sheets in 34 games the season before, the most of any keeper and yet again the highest percentage. The OP having him at 8 is laughable when the stats suggest he’s probably the best.

Doohan really needs to cut out the errors if he wants to have a career at Celtic.

He's a big tall c**t and should be looking to dominate his area more than he currently does.

Still, a very solid championship GK.

Has a bit of gym work to do as well. As you say he’s very tall but he’s like a beanpole.

11 hours ago, Paisley Ton said:

Jack Hamilton must be shite to get this listing.

Sadly once you have seen big Sam play you will realise he is not a No. 1 (as on his shirt) but the 10th.

Also don't rate Doolan as that great either, United man was  a standout in playoffs.

We played against him at the weekend...

Scully as a shot stopper is pretty decent. Sometimes he gets beaten at the near post easily or makes a clanger but he’s be okay since he joined us.

With our style of playing out from the back I can see a few mistakes coming. Hope not, quite like him and he seems to like playing for us.

The last keeper I was impressed with was the Dumbarton fat guy or the Morton keeper (Gaston) who wore a short sleeve top in sub zero conditions at eep.

Who was the French (?)keeper Morton had that battled it out with Gaston before getting punted? I always thought he looked a decent keeper and was surprised Gaston won that battle.

Nicholas Caraux was not a decent keeper at all, he was a hopeless flapper firmly in the Jack Hamilton category (still better than Ramsbottom). But he did manage to shut out Celtic in our hilarious, treble-crushing victory at the bheggardome in September 2013, so it wasn't all bad. 

6 hours ago, WATTOO said:

I think those of us who watch a player week in and week out as opposed to someone who watches him on TV occasionally might JUST be able to form a better opinion.

Don't you think ??

Not a moron like yourself, no. 

14 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Who was the French (?)keeper Morton had that battled it out with Gaston before getting punted? I always thought he looked a decent keeper and was surprised Gaston won that battle.

I thought Gaston was French?

That's what the folk on Open All Mics would have me believe.

3 hours ago, weetoonlad said:
16 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:
Has Parry got a decent job outside of football? Even back in his Queen's Park days I thought he was decent, but thought I must had missed something cause that seemed to be his level.

Tax officer

He should thank David Murray for giving him a chance to earn lots of overtime... :whistle

Doohan was excellent for us last season. I haven’t been overly impressed with him in the last two games. He should have done way better for the Stranraer goals, and he wasn’t butterfingers for one of the Morton goals on Saturday. I’d be very very surprised if he makes it at Celtic , but he’d be a good addition for a mid to lower top flight team imo 

Edited by Thereisalight..