Cowdenbeath v The Binos

9 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Home game, only two shots on target, that’s worrying. And the penalty! Buchanan did well to gain it, but that’s the worst attempt I’ve ever seen, he had a good game apart from that.

Mullen back next week, so hopefully that makes a difference (if he stays on the park!) 

The worst attempt you've ever seen? Really? REALLY? 

As for your comment about Mullen staying on the park, yes he gets a lot of yellow cards but to my memory, he's only ever had two red cards in the three seasons he's been at the club. Not an excessive amount. 

These stats like shots on target and percentage possession aren't always that revealing. In a tight game you tend to find low numbers of shots on target - a lot of games between teams of similar ability in our league are like that. For it to be otherwise often requires one team to be markedly superior to the other or the occasional game where both teams just go hammer and tongs with defences all over the place.

14 minutes ago, The_Pit_Owns said:

As for your comment about Mullen staying on the park, yes he gets a lot of yellow cards but to my memory, he's only ever had two red cards in the three seasons he's been at the club. Not an excessive amount. 

Yes.

The comment about Mullen staying on the park only relates to next week’s game.

33 minutes ago, The_Pit_Owns said:

He's been sent off twice both in 2017, 39 yellows.

14 minutes ago, The_Pit_Owns said:

You should probably open your eyes more often. Off the top of my head, Harvey Swann's penalty against Rangers was a worse spot kick but still not the worst ever.

It was sort of the same as Robbie's yesterday keeper saving at same corner. At least both were on target worst ones are when they are blootered way off target!

6 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

It was sort of the same as Robbie's yesterday keeper saving at same corner. At least both were on target worst ones are when they are blootered way off target!

You would be hard pushed to see a weaker penalty. Up there with the worst I’ve seen. Pretty irrelevant now though as we got the win. And thought Robbie played really well second half yesterday minus the penalty. We are stretched in terms of squad depth now though fingers crossed we can add a couple of loan signings quickly. With regards to players like Ryan connelly, surely for him as a young player it’s in his own interests to go out and find a local junior club where he is going to play every week because it’s doing his development no good here, Renton and cox where absolutely done in last 10/15 yesterday and the gaffer would rather keep them on than put Ryan on. 

Stirling look a poor team at the moment tho they have signed something like 14 players so will take some time to gel but the risk is they could get marooned at the bottom by then.

Yeah 2 games in and 0 points against Queens Park & Cowdenbeath is definitely worrying. Absolutely no disrespect intended to either side but I’m sure the manager would have been looking to have gathered between 2-6 already. With Edinburgh City & Cove next up, we could well be “marooned at the bottom” with 4 games gone. Definitely worrying for The Binos.

Due to personal circumstances, I couldn’t make the game yesterday, and doubt I’ll be at an Away game any time soon, however I’m not surprised at the reports from the game or the fact we lost it 1-0. The January signings were disastrous and it looks like the summer signings, as a whole, are no better. With no wins since about March time (a 1-0 win against Berwick is the last I can remember) the pressure is already on KR and his team.

3 minutes ago, Bluebrazilcfc said:

You would be hard pushed to see a weaker penalty. Up there with the worst I’ve seen. Pretty irrelevant now though as we got the win. And thought Robbie played really well second half yesterday minus the penalty. We are stretched in terms of squad depth now though fingers crossed we can add a couple of loan signings quickly. With regards to players like Ryan connelly, surely for him as a young player it’s in his own interests to go out and find a local junior club where he is going to play every week because it’s doing his development no good here, Renton and cox where absolutely done in last 10/15 yesterday and the gaffer would rather keep them on than put Ryan on. 

I would agree it lacked power if your going to place it there you have to have a bit of power behind it. Still think its worse when ones off target.

2 minutes ago, Bluebrazilcfc said:

Loan outs are more difficult now - they have to be window to window so player loaned out now cant come back and play in first team till January.  Injuries and suspensions can impact in the interim

33 minutes ago, Bluebrazilcfc said:

I would like to see Ryan get some game time on Tuesday. Ideal game for him.

1 hour ago, The_Pit_Owns said:

You should probably open your eyes more often. Off the top of my head, Harvey Swann's penalty against Rangers was a worse spot kick but still not the worst ever.

I’m not the one  who should open their eyes. I said the worst I’d seen. Having said that I saw Harvey’s penalty and don’t think it was worse.

Goodness knows what the heroes of 50 years ago thought of that first half. The enforced substitution worked in our favour as Taylor's pace at once caused the Stirling defence problems. Not a great performance but a win at least. The usual eccentric refereeing. No surprise to me and I suspect many others that Buchanan missed the penalty. Agree about Connelly. He looked a real prospect before his injury and it would be interesting to see what he can do. Apart from Nicholl and Currie, Stirling looked poor Their number five could have had a straight red for going through the back of Allen.Hopefully it's nothing serious.

2 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

Yeah 2 games in and 0 points against Queens Park & Cowdenbeath is definitely worrying. Absolutely no disrespect intended to either side but I’m sure the manager would have been looking to have gathered between 2-6 already. With Edinburgh City & Cove next up, we could well be “marooned at the bottom” with 4 games gone. Definitely worrying for The Binos.

Due to personal circumstances, I couldn’t make the game yesterday, and doubt I’ll be at an Away game any time soon, however I’m not surprised at the reports from the game or the fact we lost it 1-0. The January signings were disastrous and it looks like the summer signings, as a whole, are no better. With no wins since about March time (a 1-0 win against Berwick is the last I can remember) the pressure is already on KR and his team.

It doesn't get any easier after the Cove game, we are away to Albion Rovers then  home to Elgin. Both these teams have had a good start to the season and unless KR can turn it around then see us bottom after 6 games in. If that happens then the Board have a decision to make either get rid of KR and get someone in to salvage the season for us or give him more time in the hope he turns it around. Worrying times at Forthbank. 

3 minutes ago, iateallthepies said:

Goodness knows what the heroes of 50 years ago thought of that first half. The enforced substitution worked in our favour as Taylor's pace at once caused the Stirling defence problems. Not a great performance but a win at least. The usual eccentric refereeing. No surprise to me and I suspect many others that Buchanan missed the penalty. Agree about Connelly. He looked a real prospect before his injury and it would be interesting to see what he can do. Apart from Nicholl and Currie, Stirling looked poor Their number five could have had a straight red for going through the back of Allen.Hopefully it's nothing serious.

Your No 8 was very fortunate to stay on the park. should have been booked for a second time and been sent off but ref bottled it. 

unless KR can turn it around then see us bottom after 6 games in. If that happens then the Board have a decision to make either get rid of KR and get someone in to salvage the season for us or give him more time in the hope he turns it around. Worrying times at Forthbank. 

It really is. I’m firmly in the “we can’t keep chopping and changing managers” camp however, I also believe we can’t hold onto the wrong manager, look where that got Berwick with Harvey and East Stirlingshire with Tully.

I don’t know what the answer is, but what I do know is that since March, our form is relegation form. I really like KR and want him to get this right, so I’ll keep my fingers crossed for his, the boards and the supporters sake 🤞🏻

5 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

It really is. I’m firmly in the “we can’t keep chopping and changing managers” camp however, I also believe we can’t hold onto the wrong manager, look where that got Berwick with Harvey and East Stirlingshire with Tully.

I don’t know what the answer is, but what I do know is that since March, our form is relegation form. I really like KR and want him to get this right, so I’ll keep my fingers crossed for his, the boards and the supporters sake 🤞🏻

Its a bit deja vu for the Binos last season Mackay was binned after poor end of season form and a poor start. Seem's your going in a circle.