Cowdenbeath v The Binos

Well this Saturday is going to be an interesting day for both teams. Both lost their opening fixtures and will no doubt be hoping to get points on the board. 

For the Binos always a difficult fixture at Central Park and with new signing Darryl Duffy possibly starting up front we may surprise a few people if we can take our chances. Cowdenbeath on the other hand after being well beaten by Elgin will be hoping to do a lot better. 

Prediction Cowdenbeath 1 Binos 2    Duffy and Mackin to score and take the points home. 😉

The pitch at Central Park isn’t going to be one for playing football on I’m sure, so expect a more direct style than we are normally used to.

Not sure about Cowdenbeath this season, however potentially that may suit us. Although we have players that can be near and tidy, we’ve also got the option to launch it as well.

I’m not going along this weekend however with the conditions, along with the anti climax of a season start, I just want 3 points, don’t care how we get it.

1 minute ago, BB_Bino said:

The pitch at Central Park isn’t going to be one for playing football on I’m sure, so expect a more direct style than we are normally used to.

Not sure about Cowdenbeath this season, however potentially that may suit us. Although we have players that can be near and tidy, we’ve also got the option to launch it as well.

Long ball is our tactic.  Shame it doesn't work :lol: 

Pitch will be worse than usual tomorrow may play in our favour seeing as we are a hoof ball team, mullen still has one game left does this mean i’m going to have to watch another horrible performance from valentine I hope not. 1-0 cowden for me scrappy game with a late winner.

21 minutes ago, cowden boy said:

Pitch will be worse than usual tomorrow may play in our favour seeing as we are a hoof ball team, mullen still has one game left does this mean i’m going to have to watch another horrible performance from valentine I hope not. 1-0 cowden for me scrappy game with a late winner.

Isn’t Mullen’s suspension complete?Surely not another game with no fullbacks.

40 minutes ago, cowden boy said:

Swann plays in valentines position, not Mullen.

2 minutes ago, cowden boy said:

I’m well aware but mullen played pre season and betfred cup games at left back, swann doesn’t even have 90mins under his belt doubt he’s match fit.

Yeah Mullen was there but signed Swann couple of weeks ago, time to play and not a repeat of the situation last season hopefully.

Be great if we got Bollan on loan from Aberdeen youths. Could go to 3 centre half’s and Mullen and Swann as wing backs. Gives 5 midfield when on the ball and have Allan on upfront. 

Bonus of that means wouldn’t have to play both of Pyper and Todd. 1 of them fair enough but both makes it difficult in possession.

Edited by big al

13 hours ago, big al said:

Be great if we got Bollan on loan from Aberdeen youths. Could go to 3 centre half’s and Mullen and Swann as wing backs. Gives 5 midfield when on the ball and have Allan on upfront. 

Bonus of that means wouldn’t have to play both of Pyper and Todd. 1 of them fair enough but both makes it difficult in possession.

Sounds Like 2 teams in transition today - draw written all over this.....1-1 

59 minutes ago, Mountain Goat Stirling A said:

Sounds Like 2 teams in transition today - draw written all over this.....1-1 

Must have lost about 5 in summer and brought in 5/6 new. Kind of like for like, undecided if we are improved or not yet.