East Fife v peterheid

1st half was like a pre season friendly (very lacklustre and disappointing) 2nd half we were fired up and should have had the game won but our decision making and poor finishing cost us the 3 points. 2 points from 2 games isn't the end o the world but realistically if we're to make the play offs we will have to perform much better and play for 90 minutes and not just a half! At least we're not Dumbarton I suppose

0F7450AE-441D-4B88-A09E-8D84F21B2477.thumb.jpeg.a0afa1bf25c01a0520e7f78d54aad55a.jpeg

Tells it’s own story, the game should have been won with goals to spare, but like last week we give the opposition a goal start and give ourselves a mountain to climb!!!

Another two points thrown away, we’d have been better off if we had lost one and won one. No disrespect to either Clyde or Peterhead but if we harbour any genuine hopes of going up this season then we really must be winning these games, the “hard” games are going to be against Falkirk, Forfar and The Rovers and they all won today, two of them quite convincingly!!!

We looked sluggish from the kick off (same as last week), we turn in a far superior 2nd half performance but that’s about all we can say about it!!!

Some shooting practice is obviously required looking at the stats and please can we work on our corners at training, look at how many we had and none of them converted, every single delivery was a high ball floated to the back post and their keeper dealt with nearly every single one of them, this was a major complaint last season and it looks like we are continuing in the same vain again with nothing learned!!!

It’s early yet though, but we do need to see an improvement in some basic areas, we’re four points of the top already, we don’t want to be falling any further behind after Airdrie come to visit!!! 

0F7450AE-441D-4B88-A09E-8D84F21B2477.thumb.jpeg.a0afa1bf25c01a0520e7f78d54aad55a.jpeg
Tells it’s own story, the game should have been won with goals to spare, but like last week we give the opposition a goal start and give ourselves a mountain to climb!!!
Another two points thrown away, we’d have been better off if we had lost one and won one. No disrespect to either Clyde or Peterhead but if we harbour any genuine hopes of going up this season then we really must be winning these games, the “hard” games are going to be against Falkirk, Forfar and The Rovers and they all won today, two of them quite convincingly!!!
We looked sluggish from the kick off (same as last week), we turn in a far superior 2nd half performance but that’s about all we can say about it!!!
Some shooting practice is obviously required looking at the stats and please can we work on our corners at training, look at how many we had and none of them converted, every single delivery was a high ball floated to the back post and their keeper dealt with nearly every single one of them, this was a major complaint last season and it looks like we are continuing in the same vain again with nothing learned!!!
It’s early yet though, but we do need to see an improvement in some basic areas, we’re four points of the top already, we don’t want to be falling any further behind after Airdrie come to visit!!! 

Agree with all that- we are poor at corners both defensively and offensively!
Just 2 games in but a bit worried about the midfield- play very slow- need to get the ball forward quicker. Better start than last year though.....

Said this morning would be happy with a point & it turned that's what we got. Missing some important players today & although they worked hard Lyle & Armour do not carry the same threat as Rory & Aiden Smith will, Armour in particular tried hard but got no protection from the ref who along with the far side linesman did not cover themselves in glory. Did not seem so tight at the back today but one way or another only lost the one goal. The last two weeks were always going to be difficult but hopefully we can start looking to win games with some more options to choose from.

23 hours ago, King Kebab said:

please can we work on our corners at training, look at how many we had and none of them converted, every single delivery was a high ball floated to the back post and their keeper dealt with nearly every single one of them, this was a major complaint last season and it looks like we are continuing in the same vain again with nothing learned!!!

23 hours ago, Its not only a game said:

Agree with all that- we are poor at corners both defensively and offensively!

East Fife scored 11 league goals from corners last season which is a decent amount. They scored more in the cup too. Conceded 9 league goals from corners and got knocked out the cups by them.

Edited by 7 Eleven

37 minutes ago, 7 Eleven said:

East Fife scored 11 league goals from corners last season which is a decent amount. They scored more in the cup too. Conceded 9 league goals from corners and got knocked out the cups by them.

Direct from corners???

What was our corners total in League games last season???

11 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

Direct from corners???

What was our corners total in League games last season???

Some will be second phase, i.e., opponent wins the first ball then EF regain to score.  Those still count and should/can be planned for. I think EF conversion rate was 5.6%, which is pretty good. 

Jim McInally was brilliant post match.

"Do you think Peterhead deserved something out of the game?"

"Are you taking the piss?"

Love Jim, always tells it like it is . Reckoned East Fife should have won comfortably... 

Edited by Angusfifer

Some will be second phase, i.e., opponent wins the first ball then EF regain to score.  Those still count and should/can be planned for. I think EF conversion rate was 5.6%, which is pretty good. 

That’s a bit spurious, that’s like saying we score direct from bye kicks, not directly but when we win the ball back eventually we sometimes score!!!
How many goals we have scored direct from corners is the issue, and I’ll bet it’s nowhere near as high as 5.6%!!!

14 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

That’s a bit spurious, that’s like saying we score direct from bye kicks, not directly but when we win the ball back eventually we sometimes score!!!
How many goals we have scored direct from corners is the issue, and I’ll bet it’s nowhere near as high as 5.6%!!!

It’s literally nothing like your example. I’m really sorry the numbers don’t fit your narrative.

We really need to be winning these games if we have any hope of finishing near the top of the league, especially with Peterhead not at full strength, likewise last week with Clyde missing a few key players.

Anyhoo, still undefeated for the season.

Lies- dam lies and statistics! - my eyes and many others in the stand don’t lie![emoji23]- but hey a game of opinions- all I can say we better practise defending corner kicks before next Sunday!- just saying

11 minutes ago, Its not only a game said:

Lies- dam lies and statistics! - my eyes and many others in the stand don’t lie!emoji23.png- but hey a game of opinions- all I can say we better practise defending corner kicks before next Sunday!- just saying

They do! It’s called confirmation bias or the misinformation effect. Football fans work on opinions, while football clubs should work in facts. 

As for defending corners, that’s a different story entirely and I’d agree with your narrative on that one.

They do! It’s called confirmation bias or the misinformation effect. Football fans work on opinions, while football clubs should work in facts. 
As for defending corners, that’s a different story entirely and I’d agree with your narrative on that one.

As i say a game of opinions- but the only one that matters is the manager- and thank god for that.....

It’s literally nothing like your example. I’m really sorry the numbers don’t fit your narrative.

As I said, how many goals did we score “directly” from corner kicks last season and what was our total number of corners???

27 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

As I said, how many goals did we score “directly” from corner kicks last season and what was our total number of corners???

I love how you are trying to double down with this one 😂. If you want answers to your questions go and do your own research. Last season was last season, 11 goals from corners was more than top scorer Kevin Smith scored. 

Kevin Smith’s goal 1:48 into the video below. Is it a goal from a corner or not? 

Someone has already called you out as a last word merchant this week. That is an opinion not a fact, but is does seem to be an accurate one. Good night and god bless!

P.S., this thread is meant to be about East Fife vs. Peterhead, so maybe it should get back on topic.

Edited by 7 Eleven

Very disappointing not to get the three points. Very similar to last week in that we've had to come from behind, dominated the second half and really should be sitting on 4 or 6 points instead of 2 in the table. There were definitely times when we seemed to slow down getting the ball from middle to front just when we needed the killer instinct, and allowed Peterhead to get bodies back and re-organize.

That said, it's definitely a positive that we've looked the better side in both games. At this point last season, we were bottom of the table with no points, no goals scored and had just witnessed one of the most soul-destroying games I've ever seen at Glebe Park.

I love how you are trying to double down with this one [emoji23]. If you want answers to your questions go and do your own research. Last season was last season, 11 goals from corners was more than top scorer Kevin Smith scored. 
Kevin Smith’s goal 1:48 into the video below. Is it a goal from a corner or not? 
Someone has already called you out as a last word merchant this week. That is an opinion not a fact, but is does seem to be an accurate one. Good night and god bless!
P.S., this thread is meant to be about East Fife vs. Peterhead, so maybe it should get back on topic.

Ah sorry, I had you down as the stats guy, and thought you would have had the answer, you could have said Meggatt’s goal against Stennie as that would have been more relevant, that was last one wasn’t it???

1 hour ago, King Kebab said:

Ah sorry, I had you down as the stats guy, and thought you would have had the answer, you could have said Meggatt’s goal against Stennie as that would have been more relevant, that was last one wasn’t it???

I’m not your personal stats guy. As I’ve said already, I’ve done my research and provided you with factual answers. You just can’t seem to accept what those are. This is like having a conversation with an infant. I know I’m right, you probably know your wrong, but persist down this road anyway.

The last goals from corners were  the two versus Forfar on the last day of the season or do they not count either?