Elgin City 2019/20

I'm sure Gav tried to keep him, but Peterhead probably offered him a better deal. He didn't play much after the start of 2020 after we got Graham on loan from Dundee Utd. Hopefully he's got something similar up his sleeve again. A pity because he was good, but I agree with T&G, esp after so many players buying into Gav's plans and signing new/longer contracts

Well that came out of the blue. A good player who I think should do fine in League 1. A good defender, though maybe slightly lacking in pace. He's very comfortable on the ball which is a positive but can be frustrating sometimes. As said above he often puts us under pressure with slack passes to goalie or defenders or thinks he's Xabi Alonso and attempts a 70 yard diagonal.

• 2 weeks later...

Good to have some news to post especially when it's so positive. A 3 year extension for Soapy, which (if my maths is correct) would take him into a 17th season in the first team.

4 times Supporters' Player of the Year, 4 times Players' Player of the Year, over 400 appearances, over 75 goals and supposedly resisted a few full time offers over the years. We will be lucky to have many players like him in the future. My favourite ever City player and if anyone deserves promotion it's him.

Edited by afca32

46 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Could do a lot worse and have done.

Right there sam cosgrove seemed to be alright for them but seems to have fizzled out and he has interest from stoke i think so theyd probably be happy letting him go to them so may possibly be a space for hester there 😉

24 minutes ago, cityloon said:

Right there sam cosgrove seemed to be alright for them but seems to have fizzled out and he has interest from stoke i think so theyd probably be happy letting him go to them so may possibly be a space for hester there 😉

I’ve seen Hester quite a few times he’s always looked dangerous even when he hasn’t scored, he really could play at a higher level. Would be an excellent addition to Aberdeen’s squad. Always thought Cosgrove was a haddie most of the time.

4 hours ago, Thom & Gerry said:

Think Arbroath almost certainly but they are not full time. Wonder if the court case hanging over him might put some off, or has that been sorted?

Courts have a right backlog at the moment due to Covid so it might not get settled for months. 

Think Arbroath almost certainly but they are not full time. Wonder if the court case hanging over him might put some off, or has that been sorted?

Would be surprised if we were interested, Hester was never really rated (rightly or wrongly) by the Campbell’s when he was here.