Elgin City 2019/20

He’s welcome at Balmoral. Doubt that he’ll end up with Cove. 

Is Smart joining you to bolster the attacking options or to replace Shane?

Elgin now have 3 good strikers and plenty of goal scoring and forward thinking midfielders. Time to go on a lengthy run of good form and blitz into the playoff spots.

Heard rumours we were looking for a striker in this transfer window. We have Mitch (in fine form now and a class above our other strikers), Jimmy Scott who puts in a lot of effort but I don’t rate too highly, John Robertson who is young and largely unproven and Jordan Brown who isn’t getting any game time.

He’s welcome at Balmoral. Doubt that he’ll end up with Cove. 
Is Smart joining you to bolster the attacking options or to replace Shane?
Elgin now have 3 good strikers and plenty of goal scoring and forward thinking midfielders. Time to go on a lengthy run of good form and blitz into the playoff spots.

Heard rumours we were looking for a striker in this transfer window. We have Mitch (in fine form now and a class above our other strikers), Jimmy Scott who puts in a lot of effort but I don’t rate too highly, John Robertson who is young and largely unproven and Jordan Brown who isn’t getting any game time.

Or replace KH when he gets banged up

On 09/01/2020 at 14:26, Highland ITFC said:

Proven goalscorer seeks full-time football ..... meet cash-strapped full-time Highland football club that could fancy getting a proven goalscorer without breaking the bank. Too far fetched? 

I see in today's P&J that I wasn't too far fetched with the above thought.

1 hour ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

I guess you have to plan for the worst! Hopefully he wasn’t too heavily involved and gets to keep on playing. Interested to see how Elgin line up today; will Smart be in the bench?

Hester generally gets the tug with around 15 or so left, so could see that being the case today with Smart coming on for him. Assuming it's on of course, as currently looking dodgy with thw wind apparently. Fingers crossed!

Aye, I see multiple sources reporting it. Not sure how a pre-contract really benefits either club as you'd think Caley would want Sutherland now, rather than in the summer. We're losing him for bugger all now and it'll be a challenge to keep him motivated.