Elgin City 2019/20

Watched what I could of the game yesterday but missed a few periods. I thought we edged a poor first half but poor finishing and good last ditch defending prevented us from conceding in the second as Forfar got on top.

Both teams looked very rusty, which will no doubt be the same for everyone but I think we'll see some particularly low quality play when the league restarts. Soapy was the only player in the front 6 I thought looked near his best and the poor second half could probably be put down partly to his lack of involvement.

Yet another striker brought in today.....Craig Brown on loan to end of season from Uni of Stirling. Unless they think he's a prospect that they want to take a look at with a view to a longer term deal, then seems a bit of an odd one. Think that's six strikers now, & according to the club website, squad is now up to 24 players in total which is large for L2 standards. Can't be too strapped cash-wise which is obviously a good thing!

https://online.fliphtml5.com/lamol/hurp/#p=1

Tatters has a go at the SPFL (presumably, could be Scottish Government too) for their handling of the shutdown of Leagues 1 and 2. The club also appear to be hacked off about these Old Firm reserve proposals being leaked to the press before most of the clubs knew anything about them.

Edited by afca32

i see on the clubs twitter the other day that no one has been in touch with the club about colt teams entering which is a disgrace wonder if any other teams in the league is in the same case

Edited by cityloon

2 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Was browsing your website looking for info about Tuesdays stream. Really like that you do a digital programme, is one planned for our game? 

most probably will be one for tuesday game probably be out on the monday at some point

5 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Was browsing your website looking for info about Tuesdays stream. Really like that you do a digital programme, is one planned for our game? 

There was one done for the original game. You should be able to find it on the website.

aye theres a fair handful of midfielders now and past few games seems to be showing that passings been poor maybe thats down to lack of goals due to delivery to he forwards. Personally i think another forward in would maybe be handy