Elgin City 2019/20

On 21/01/2021 at 10:25, Thom & Gerry said:

Think there is almost some certainty in that.

I've said it many a time on the Elgin thread but I'm a big fan of Hester and would happily have him at Balmoral in a heartbeat. He would link up perfectly with Mitch in my opinion. If Cove aren't looking at him then we're missing out.

As soon as I saw him play against us I could see he had loads of potential. Pacey and knows where the net is. We'll give you Rory in exchange!

Anyway I hope you keep him as I think Elgin with Hester means a great chance of getting to L1. I'd fancy Elgin against Forfar or Clyde any day.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

On 23/01/2021 at 11:43, NE98 said:

Hope you lads don’t mind a wee bit of shameless self-promotion.

we recently spoke to Gavin Price about a whole range of topics. Mainly player recruitment, balancing a squad from around the country and how key signing players to longer term contracts are.

Give it a read if you fancy: Gavin Price Interview

A decent read, well done. Just a minor point, and I know he's been used as a wing back for Morton, but Omar didn't do much defending at Elgin, let alone play in defence.

3 hours ago, afca32 said:

A decent read, well done. Just a minor point, and I know he's been used as a wing back for Morton, but Omar didn't do much defending at Elgin, let alone play in defence.

Cheers, and noted - I was basing it mostly off of what he's been doing at Morton, although did find he's been shifted around a bit there.

• 1 month later...
Guest The Phoenix
36 minutes ago, Thom & Gerry said:

Away to Edinburgh in first game back, followed by Ayr then Cowdenbeath at home.

Nope!  You've already played Edinburgh City away and Cowdenbeath at home. 

I assume you got that from the BBC Website.

All they have done is insert the Scottish Cup matches  to the original fixture schedule.