Elgin City 2019/20

I thought we looked decent today. Some players looked a lot sharper than others but we looked like a pretty well balanced team with a bit of pace which is always a plus.

Thoughts on Elgin TV? Personally I was just hoping the stream wasn’t a disaster like has happened to a few clubs so I was pleasantly surprised. Apart from the lack of any sound it was perfectly watchable and kept up with game pretty well. It isn’t perfect and will almost certainly miss a goal at some stage but having bought a season ticket it’ll do until we can get back in to watch.

Thought the live stream was good with a clearer picture than I was expecting. Judging by a lot of posts on social media, I think a few people need to remember this isn't being done by Sky Sports and the club don't have much control over the technology so aren't directly responsible for any hiccups which are bound to happen, looking forward to the next game already. 

No idea! Was probably doing similar and didn’t see it at all - anyone know?  Noticed the red mark above Elgin on the score and had to look to see Hester got sent off. BBC said foul play so I guess for a foul rather than the expected mouthing off. Shame as he looks really sharp and had played well.

Just checked SPFL website and saying dangerous play. I did see SA player down on box. Serves Hester right for  picking up stupid 1st booking for kicking ball away. He was looking good. Apart from the sound no complaints from me re quality of streaming.

Posted this in the cup forum but not much chat in there so might as well stick it here.

Not a bad game, a fair few chances for both teams but 2-0 about fair in the end. Stirling just seemed to give up after Dingwall scored (despite there being 10 minutes left and them being a man up) and we dominated from then on. Hester was excellent prior to his red (still not seen the 2nd booking but apparently a high tackle) and Dingwall absolutely superb. Far from perfect but a good start after so long since a competitive game.

The camera was a bit frustrating, the two stand side corners were mostly out of shot and at times the camera took ages to follow the ball. The lack of sound was a bit boring at first but I just stuck Sportsound on in the background and was happy with that.

Thought the live stream was good with a clearer picture than I was expecting. Judging by a lot of posts on social media, I think a few people need to remember this isn't being done by Sky Sports and the club don't have much control over the technology so aren't directly responsible for any hiccups which are bound to happen, looking forward to the next game already. 

Sorry I though the live stream was pretty poor decent enough picture but bad points no sound, it took me nearly 15 mins into the game before I managed to get logged on. Camera at times not up to the play, had a few moments of seeing the Albion goalie looking up field to the play and nothing happening. Believe the system used an automatic camera which at times was slow to react to tracking the ball. It’s a pity that they did not do a trial before the 1st live game to iron out the problems but fair cop it’s better than nothing. Hopefully it will improve, compared to SATV on Tuesday night for the game with Arbroath it was like night and day. SATV coverage was spot on.

For first time out I thought it was pretty good and by the sounds of things a lot of other clubs are having problems. It’s not Sky Sports at the end of the day!

Hesters second booking was for high feet, just about took boys head off. First booking was for dissent. He suffers from tourettes which I think the captain and manager were trying to point out to the ref at half time?

Having watched a few games on other clubs streams - Elgin TV was one of the better ones (at least for me - clear picture never lagged). I was apprehensive over the lack of “trial” But it was fine. Expectations of sky quality coverage are a bit OTT. I actually watched a SA stream midweek and the only difference was the camera angle - still could have missed something but just in a different area of the pitch! Did people who had trouble getting logged on buy the game close to kickoff? I bought yesterday and was logged on instantly - no criticism - just info for the people running the stream to consider.

Decent enough game but Elgin deserved the win. Elgin will be absolutely fine this season and won’t be short on goals with Hester in the side.

Well done Elgin on getting a stream together. The picture quality was brilliant. Unfortunately, a lot of folk (including myself) didn’t get access until 15 minutes into the game and I signed up around 2pm. The camera angles weren’t great at times - often focusing on a keeper when the ball was up the other end of the pitch and often not seeing near side throw-ins and corner kicks being taken. Having no sound was rubbish as well. Well done though and I’m sure it will be better next time out. 

3 hours ago, rhliston said:

. Camera at times not up to the play, had a few moments of seeing the Albion goalie looking up field to the play and nothing happening. 

That's just the way the Pixellot technology is unfortunately and the clubs have absolutely zero control over that, there was a game the other night, I think it was Albion vs Ayr where it missed goals and there's definitely going to be other goals that will be missed in future, we just need to accept it if we want to help our clubs out financially and watch our teams

Edited by MorayCup