Elgin City 2019/20

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/08/2019 at 17:00, Highland ITFC said:

Knowing both of them I would say that Thomas is comfortably the better keeper. Hoban will keep him on his toes though, which is how it should be 

Apparently McHale was training with ICTFC at the beginning of the season and was not rated at all by the coaches. Infact I think it was remarked that he would be hard pushed to dislodge our 4th choice keeper. Anyway that season is a distant memory heres to pipping Hearts to automatic promotion. 

On 20/01/2020 at 00:53, Football7 said:

Which highlights were you watching? I've watched exactly the same highlights because I only manage to get to games now and again and he's looked very solid in all aspects. It's also strange how you've slated Ross Munro at Raith aswell who might I add is another good keeper and they're both having good seasons 🤔

I have watched 100's of hours of highlights aswell as live Scottish football at all levels  but unfortunately I cant specifically remember the one in that post. Anyway regardless of my (unqualified) opinion I think the Raith fans may disagree with you. 

On 05/07/2020 at 23:00, TelfordStreetStroller said:

Apparently McHale was training with ICTFC at the beginning of the season and was not rated at all by the coaches. Infact I think it was remarked that he would be hard pushed to dislodge our 4th choice keeper. Anyway that season is a distant memory heres to pipping Hearts to automatic promotion. 

😂 You wrote this basically saying you're  "In the know" with coaches at professional clubs and next minute calling yourself unqualified, so which is it? The two comments you wrote were slating 2 young goalkeepers (it's not only me that's noticed). I do defend goalkeepers because I was one back in the day and feel players in that position get unfairly criticised alot of the time and can also tell you that I've been around Scottish football long enough (don't have the time as much now days) and know for a fact that the remark made about "hard pushed dislodging 4th choice" is absolute nonsense 😂 But yes, I also wish Inverness and Hearts the best of luck. 

I'd say to fellow City supporters (and others) not to give Telford Street Troller the time of day by replying to his attempts at winding us up. He obviously gets his rocks off on it. Most of his comments have been about Elgin.

5 minutes ago, gordon9736 said:

I'd say to fellow City supporters (and others) not to give Telford Street Troller the time of day by replying to his attempts at winding us up. He obviously gets his rocks off on it. Most of his comments have been about Elgin.

Very much agree with this. We'll have to wait another 6 months for a reply anyway. 

Decent interview with Gavin on Elgin Facebook site. Says he hopes to get most of last seasons squad signed up as he is of the opinion continuity is important and something Elgin have been missing. He has also identified some players he would like to bring in, an experienced defender/defensive midfielder, a wide midfielder and striker are his priority.

This could be a load of bull but seen on the ict fans forum some are saying carl tremarco is rumoured to be taking a player/coach position with us if true i think it would be great but could be them speaking a load of poop 

2 minutes ago, Thom & Gerry said:

He would be just the sort of character we need but think he would get better offers than Elgin?

Was thinking the same would probably get a better offer elsewhere but his age is nipping on aswell a bit 

16 hours ago, elginite said:

This could be a load of bull but seen on the ict fans forum some are saying carl tremarco is rumoured to be taking a player/coach position with us if true i think it would be great but could be them speaking a load of poop 

Saw an interview with him where he said that he'll be staying in Inverness as his family is settled there, so he was the player that immediately came to my mind when hearing Gavin speaking about an 'experienced defender'. Depends I guess whether he feels ready to drop down & take whatever he may be offered by SHFL clubs, although that said, no club is going to exactly be flush with cash to enable paying more experienced players / 'marquee' signings bigger money. Accordingly it will be difficult for a lot of older more experienced players, as a lot of clubs will be saving what cash they have & making cheaper signings with youth / young players. On that front, heard that the club is offering amateur terms to the young lads that they're looking to re-sign.