Elgin City 2019/20

41 minutes ago, afca32 said:

Not complaining about the decision as I don't think any of them were ideal but a shame this team never got the chance to finish the season as I think, playing as we were, we would've had a good chance in the play offs had we got there. There are bigger things in life though and a first trip to Stranraer is now on the cards for whenever the new season starts.

This is far too sensible a view to be on here, accepting a proposal where your team suffer some harm by not getting in the play offs.

Could you maybe have a word with Rangers, Hearts and Partick and others who are only concerned about themselves rather than Scottish Football. 

4 hours ago, afca32 said:

Not complaining about the decision as I don't think any of them were ideal but a shame this team never got the chance to finish the season as I think, playing as we were, we would've had a good chance in the play offs had we got there. There are bigger things in life though and a first trip to Stranraer is now on the cards for whenever the new season starts.

8 hours ago, Super Elgin City said:

After the SPFL vote today it looks like the league is finished now with the average points rule being used.
Cove to go up and Brechin to stay in the league and the play off abolished.
There was probably no right and wrong in this situstion. But seems like a kick in the teeth for us given the momentum we were building.

I would tend to agree with you. I don't think Edinburgh City would have caught Cove (although we still had to play them at Ainslie Park) so no problem with them being champs. I would like to have had play-offs though and there's no guarantee we might have beaten Elgin if we'd had to play them.

On the other hand we don't have to play Clyde for at least a season so that's a good thing...

Elgin confirmed as finishing 3rd in league 2 after today's final SPFL vote.
Decent achievement I suppose but doesn't have any real sense of achievement given the fact play offs are scrapped for the season. If there is league construction as rumoured looks like Edinburgh will also go up and Kelty and Brora will join the league.

Thoughts on that?

36 minutes ago, Super Elgin City said:

Decent achievement I suppose but doesn't have any real sense of achievement given the fact play offs are scrapped for the season. If there is league construction as rumoured looks like Edinburgh will also go up and Kelty and Brora will join the league.

Thoughts on that?

eh shit

40 minutes ago, Super Elgin City said:

Thoughts on that?

Unless they have no relegation that would leave you with an odd number in the league.

52 minutes ago, Super Elgin City said:
1 hour ago, Thom & Gerry said:
Unless they have no relegation that would leave you with an odd number in the league.

I believe the plan is no relegation. Stranraer would stay up aswell. As would Partick and Hearts.

Nothing in the statement to say that is the case, sensible though that option might be. It would be daft to try and predict the outcome of the reconstruction discussions given the farcical circumstances of the last week or so.

Nothing in the statement to say that is the case, sensible though that option might be. It would be daft to try and predict the outcome of the reconstruction discussions given the farcical circumstances of the last week or so.
I think the board of the reconstruction committee being led by Anne Budge tells us all what exactly is going to happen. There will be no relegation.

13 minutes ago, Super Elgin City said:
30 minutes ago, gmca said:

I think the board of the reconstruction committee being led by Anne Budge tells us all what exactly is going to happen. There will be no relegation.

Yip, wouldn't exactly fall off my chair if Hearts were still in the Premier League next season.

1 hour ago, Thom & Gerry said:

So 1 up and 1 down more likely then (apart from Hearts), with all those in promotion play off positions having to bite the bullet.

Could be an expansion to leagues of 14 or 16 which could mean Cove and Stranraer being in the same league as us next season. Who knows. The certainty is that Hearts will be playing in the PL whatever form that takes next season. How the authorities can get away with Budge being on this working party. Talk about a vested interest!

I personally couldn’t care less how reconstruction happens, as long as it does. 10 teams at this level is just dull, I know the talk is only of adding another 2 in but for me, that’s better than we currently have although 14 would probably be my ideal number.

I get what people say about this league structure but it’s simply repetitive. The fact Budge is the figure head of the committee proves how much self preservation and corruption runs through our game.

I personally couldn’t care less how reconstruction happens, as long as it does. 10 teams at this level is just dull, I know the talk is only of adding another 2 in but for me, that’s better than we currently have although 14 would probably be my ideal number.

I get what people say about this league structure but it’s simply repetitive. The fact Budge is the figure head of the committee proves how much self preservation and corruption runs through our game.

It’ll be a fustercluck. It’s the SPFL.

Graham Tatters in todays P&J is dead against any reconstruction due to the current prizemoney pot being diluted with potentially 2 new teams (Brora & Kelty) although I understand his point, there is part of me that thinks this more down to the increased threat of his team facing more competition therefore adding to potentially being relegated at some point in the next few years.

Given Elgin's recent form I don't think they have anything to worry about in that regard but with Brora being in the league there would potentially be  added competition of signing North based players although Elgin seem to still have a lot of south based players in their current squad and always have had.