Elgin City 2019/20

26 minutes ago, Super Elgin City said:

Any word on the extent of Shane's injury yet? It didn't look to great at the time.

P&J: 

Price said: “It’s not looking great – it’s his hamstring. A bad pull or tear, then he could be out for four to six weeks. If it’s a slight strain it still could be a couple of games.

“It’s a shame for him. I’m sure he’s chasing his own records and wants to help us get into the play-offs. It’s a big blow to the team and he’s a big part of how we play, but it’s up to other players to take their opportunity.”

P&J: 

Price said: “It’s not looking great – it’s his hamstring. A bad pull or tear, then he could be out for four to six weeks. If it’s a slight strain it still could be a couple of games.

“It’s a shame for him. I’m sure he’s chasing his own records and wants to help us get into the play-offs. It’s a big blow to the team and he’s a big part of how we play, but it’s up to other players to take their opportunity.”

I feared as much when I seen him hobbling round the park. Smart will get his chance to show us he is upto the task now.

3 hours ago, Super Elgin City said:

I'm seeing sad news today that former Elgin striker Martin Johnston has been suffering from MND since 2018. Horrible disease. Life is very cruel sometimes. MJ was one of the best strikers we have had since we entered the league IMO.

Ah not so good remember good few times when he played and as you say one of the best strikers we've had also think he played for cove afterwards. Disgusting disease it is as all of us probably know from fernando ricksens story which got to everybody even opposite old firm fans 

I'm seeing sad news today that former Elgin striker Martin Johnston has been suffering from MND since 2018. Horrible disease. Life is very cruel sometimes. MJ was one of the best strikers we have had since we entered the league IMO.
Ah not good at all,was some player on his day.Would have liked to seen him play for Montrose in his prime am sure we were after him numerous times.