Elgin City 2019/20

1 hour ago, greendot said:

What kind of discipline will he get for this I wonder? Will it be community service, suspended sentence or jail time.

I’m a fan of Kane. He’s got talent. Wouldn’t want to see him banned from football due to this

1 hour ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

What kind of discipline will he get for this I wonder? Will it be community service, suspended sentence or jail time.

I’m a fan of Kane. He’s got talent. Wouldn’t want to see him banned from football due to this

From the bottom of that article

Persons convicted of offences under the section of the Gambling Act the accused have appeared on can face a maximum prison sentence of two years on indictment, or 51 weeks at summary level.

As a player of Elgin, who as a team I think you support, rather than kick a boy when he’s down, might be supportive to keep your thoughts to yourself. You’ve made it plain enough in the past that your not a fan of him as a player. He hasn’t even been found guilty of anything yet.

I just don't see how "locking him up" would serve any purpose.

IF found guilty, a fine, a gambling awareness course and then a spell of community service going round talking about gambling addiction would surely be more appropriate.

Gambing is a huge problem in football, and in society in general, better to get something good from the situation rather than fill prisons up.

That result today is good payback from the nightmare last gasp loss to Stirling at BB. 2 brilliant away wins in a row. Really badly need to build on that next Saturday at Brechin before having a right go at Cove the following Saturday at BB. A lot of false dawn's this season but fingers crossed this is the time for a serious tilt at the top 4 or above.

4 hours ago, Am Muilleach said:

IF found guilty, a fine, a gambling awareness course and then a spell of community service going round talking about gambling addiction would surely be more appropriate.

Gambing is a huge problem in football, and in society in general, better to get something good from the situation rather than fill prisons up.

Wise words. 

Couldn't agree more. The fact that Scottish Football's main 3 sponsors are Ladbrokes, William Hill and Betfred doesn't exactly discourage gambling either does it?