Elgin City 2019/20

I'm probably going to get crucified for saying this but at times mchardy was a bit of liability sometimes hot-headed yes he is Elgin through and through and a not bad player but we have paid for plenty times for his rashness on and off the field plenty of times

I'm probably going to get crucified for saying this but at times mchardy was a bit of liability sometimes hot-headed yes he is Elgin through and through and a not bad player but we have paid for plenty times for his rashness on and off the field plenty of times
As much as that is true, Gavin Price made him club captain in the summer. A serious breakdown in that relationship must have happened this past week.

Noticed Cameron is no longer captain either and Sutherland who is signed for another club is now captain. Something going on behind the scenes?
Trying to find someone who works as captain. So far they have all been too quiet. Not sure Shane is the right choice either, he doesn't seem the most vocal either.

46 minutes ago, Am Muilleach said:
1 hour ago, Thom & Gerry said:
Noticed Cameron is no longer captain either and Sutherland who is signed for another club is now captain. Something going on behind the scenes?

Trying to find someone who works as captain. So far they have all been too quiet. Not sure Shane is the right choice either, he doesn't seem the most vocal either.

Yes, would reckon that's the case. Daryl was the obvious choice in terms of vocality, but injury / from / fitness / whatever has gone on have put paid to that. Soapy seems too quiet & has been in & out due to injuries. Shane is a bit more vocal & would think that there's a bit of a theory of motivating him with the responsibility. Looking outside that trio, would say that Dingwall is for me potentially the one that could step up, as he's a definite talker & pretty much a definite starter. Maybe him next season?

The other point that will be interesting to watch is any potential fall-out from the Daryl situation amongst the group of local senior players, as one gets the impression that Shane, Soapy, Daryl & Coops were / are all pretty tight. If that long-serving group starts to splinter, then maybe we'll see others looking at opportunities that may arise elsewhere?

What kind of way is that to treat one of our most loyal servants? 400 games, In his testimonial year, vice captain and a man who has never shown Elgin any sort of loyalty in any of his 4 spells is named in front of him. I would like to hear Gavin Price coming out and explaining this situation with Darryl and Soapy.

On 18/01/2020 at 11:42, Thom & Gerry said:

See Ashley Ballam back on loan to Huntly. Would have thought with Mchardy going on loan and Sparke injured now would be the time to keep him and give him an opportunity. Leaves us short at the back unless there are other loans line up.

You'd have thought so, particularly as he can play anywhere across the back. At least though he knows that he'll be playing football for the rest of the season. The one for me for which one has to feel sorry is David Wilson. At times Gavin has talked him up so much that you'd think he's his lovechild, & now he has to sit on the bench watching a central midfielder play right back, & when there's a realisation that it's not working, instead of a straight swap the change is to bring a new loan player on instead! Not sure what he's done wrong?

Overall loan's-wise, it often seems easier for a manager to not trust their own younsgters - who they see in training every week & maybe focus on the negatives rather than the positives - but rather bring in somebody else's that they don't know, other than I guess with the thought process being that if they're at Championship club X & Y, then they must be better than our own. The recent training game / friendly between ICT's bench players & youngsters & Elgin's north-based players & youngsters served to show that there's actually very little difference between the two!

17 hours ago, TelfordStreetStroller said:

The twice I've seen McHale this season - you probably would have been better off playing the boy Hoban - great young prospect. You'd be in the play-offs positions definitely. 

😂 Clearly someone who doesn't watch football enough. You can't base an opinion off of 2 games. If you did that, no team would have any players. McHale, Bronsky, Sutherland and Hester have been the glue of the team this year in my opinion. That's in no way a disrespect to any of the other players in the squad, as they've also played a huge part. As much as yesterday was a bad defeat there is still so much football to be played. Win a few games and all of a sudden the push is on. 

Edited by Football7

22 hours ago, Thom & Gerry said:

Mchale has been outstanding in numerous games, your speaking shite.

Outstanding is some and not so in most. I have watched a host of highlights now and can say yes he makes some good bread and butter saves. He also  makes some saves look good with poor positioning. I suppose he is alright for a mid table league two team. 

Outstanding is some and not so in most. I have watched a host of highlights now and can say yes he makes some good bread and butter saves. He also  makes some saves look good with poor positioning. I suppose he is alright for a mid table league two team. 
The "highlights" cover about 7 minutes of each game max. You judge a player from them? Wow.

2 hours ago, TelfordStreetStroller said:

Outstanding is some and not so in most. I have watched a host of highlights now and can say yes he makes some good bread and butter saves. He also  makes some saves look good with poor positioning. I suppose he is alright for a mid table league two team. 3

Which highlights were you watching? I've watched exactly the same highlights because I only manage to get to games now and again and he's looked very solid in all aspects. It's also strange how you've slated Ross Munro at Raith aswell who might I add is another good keeper and they're both having good seasons 🤔

On 18/01/2020 at 20:23, TelfordStreetStroller said:

The twice I've seen McHale this season - you probably would have been better off playing the boy Hoban - great young prospect. You'd be in the play-offs positions definitely. 

You're quite right TSS that Hoban is a good prospect, but unfortunately for him he's now swapped Elgin's bench for Fort William's. Hopefully he's able to get into the side & accordingly have the opportunity to show what he can do, as hasn't had the opportunity to play much football over the last couple of seasons.

Stirling away this saturday lose and its end of any chance of play offs. Totally fed up of what seems like another season of failure and big changes at the club are required 

Not necessarily, think we were something like 14 points away from the Play Offs at the end of November and it looked more likely to be dragged into the basement battle than anything else. There’s very little between the sides out with the top 2 and by the look of things, Brechin, and there will be more twists and turns before the season ends.

On 20/01/2020 at 14:36, BB_Bino said:

Not necessarily, think we were something like 14 points away from the Play Offs at the end of November and it looked more likely to be dragged into the basement battle than anything else. There’s very little between the sides out with the top 2 and by the look of things, Brechin, and there will be more twists and turns before the season ends.

Albion 4th annan 5th park 6th Elgin 7th u heard it here