Elgin City 2019/20

Defenders by the look of things. Someone out wide assuming McKay goes back to Caley and another striker, assuming Aiken goes back to Forfar. Not a good time to do business and likely only availability will be young loanees. I would imagine clubs around us will be strengthening so to at least stand still we will need to do something.

Just now, Thom & Gerry said:

Or it’s maybe Cameron Harper.

Yup, that's the one. Quality player - natural left back - that's highly rated at ICT & been in & around their First Team squad since end of last season, but with them now having most players back from injury, looks like they're looking to get him some game time. Would expect him to be well appreciated by the Elgin faithful.

Also got the option to bring back our own 'out on loan' defenders if those current agreements end at the change of windows. 

Yup, that's the one. Quality player - natural left back - that's highly rated at ICT & been in & around their First Team squad since end of last season, but with them now having most players back from injury, looks like they're looking to get him some game time. Would expect him to be well appreciated by the Elgin faithful.
Also got the option to bring back our own 'out on loan' defenders if those current agreements end at the change of windows. 
Happy with that. Sounds like a good replacement for Spark, I had my doubts about him at the start of the season but he has steadily improved as the season has went on.

47 minutes ago, Super Elgin City said:
3 hours ago, Highland ITFC said:

Happy with that. Sounds like a good replacement for Spark, I had my doubts about him at the start of the season but he has steadily improved as the season has went on.

sparkie been great but this kid good by all accounts

Yesterday was very frustrating again. Thought we matched Edinburgh no problem and deserved a draw, but again we walk away with nothing.
At this mid stage of the season where do we all see us finishing?

I think we will be 8th and yet another season of midtable mediocrity.

20 years of this. What can be done to change this?

I know geography is a problem is attracting the very best players to the club, but there has to be more to it than that. It's uncanny how often the same thing happens to us. Either a good start and fall away. Or a bad start and we are out of it then finish strong and fall just short.

The thing is, the crowd levels and hospitality numbers are starting to badly struggle because of it. How can the trend be stopped?

Do we need to get some younger forward thinking people onto the board to try something different? In my mind something needs done soon or we could well end up back in the Highland League which would be an absolute disaster.

Are the crowds dropping? Saturday's crowd was approx 200 up on Edinburgh's visit earlier on in the season. According to footballwebpages.co.uk, our average gate is 630 this season, second only to Cove.
They definitely are. The festive crowds are always a bit better. But 450 has been the norm the past few months. Think the Cove game having 1200 there has given that average a bit of a false high figure.
I do sense a feeling of real apathy in the stands lately.
I've heard that the board have real concerns over the lack of money coming in. To me £75 a head for hospitality is probably putting people off aswell. Think that is a bit high for what you get.

Hester's signed a new 2 year contract.

Maybe I'm struggling to come to terms with the Monday morning but does a new contract for someone potentially facing the jail not seem a bit strange?
Hopefully that means that the situation is not as serious as 1st thought?

Either that or if he does end up in jail then he would be in breach of contract and Elgin would be able to terminate it anyway?

The annual where’s Shane off to next speculation has started!
Seen that mentioned about Raith being in for him.

He lives in Hopeman and travelling to Perth to train when he was at Peterhead was a big issue.

So unless the money is too good to turn down, I would imagine this might just mean an extension to his Elgin contract and a healthy payrise.