Elgin City 2019/20

Another good cup result.....well done lads. The Shane & Kane partnership seems to be back firing again, & good to see Soapy on the scoresheet aswell! Hopefully take the last couple of weeks cup form into the league next week.
Delighted with the momentum we are starting to build. Hopefully the start of the seasons results are well in the past now. Time to start climbing the league now.

Omar was my MotM. Although we were the better team in the first half, we didn't put our chances away, which thankfully didn't hurt us in the end. Definitely an improvement in the second half when Cooper replaced Wilson. Thought Soapy was anonymous and Darryl poor when he came on, maybe still lacking game time. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Super Elgin City said:

Gavin Price and Shane Sutherland named league 2 manager and player of the month.

Great achievement and just shows how well we are doing at the moment. Hopefully we can continue that In Edinburgh on Saturday and we will be right back in the mix.

nae luck, the curse of MOTM will bite and you'll lose while Shane gets sent off for some bizarre reason...

Well deserved for both! Have to admit, until recently, I wasn’t too convinced about Price as manager - last season was very disappointing(as per usual)!

Proof is in the pudding- Playoffs have to be the minimum target and if we keep up current form we may even sneak in the back door to league 1...the board will be worried sick, they dream of mid-table mediocrity [emoji23]

Think play offs are best we can ask for. Cove too far ahead and better than us imo. Ditto Edinburgh although think we are as good as them. 
I take it the comment about the board is tongue in cheek?

Yes, it is the best we can ask for, I don’t expect us to be anywhere near cove- but equally, lets be honest, anything less than 4th should be seen as failure.

Not completely tongue in cheek, no. I have heard the board (existing and former members) saying ‘survival’ is the target (i.e. there is zero ambition) and also they would be worried about having to increase wages etc to compete at league 1 but also potentially losing gate money as we could ‘get thrashed every week’ at that level. Total loser mentality, hence why we are where we are... and will remain for eternity.

I go into every season with survival as the base line. I personally feel they make as much money available for players as is prudently possible. The concern about bigger wages and smaller gates are valid concerns but do not see them as meaning the board do not want promotion. I have not seen any evidence to support this.

I go into every season with survival as the base line. I personally feel they make as much money available for players as is prudently possible. The concern about bigger wages and smaller gates are valid concerns but do not see them as meaning the board do not want promotion. I have not seen any evidence to support this.

The evidence is that we get no where near promotion...

Why is survival the base line? By attendance, we are always one of the best supported teams in the league, regardless of how terrible we’ve been.

Top4 should be the minimum expectation every season, anything less is failure.

On ‎01‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 12:20, FuzzyBear said:

James McGowan signs for Linlithgow on loan - any good ?

Seen him play a few times as an overage player for Elgin's U20s, & from those displays would say that he's what you might call a good old fashioned centre half. Talks a lot, loves a tackle, decent in the air, & OK on the ball. He was down the pecking order at Elgin due to better players ahead of him, but whenever he did get the odd opportunity in the First Team I don't think he let anybody down. Would say that he'd be a decent player at Highland / Lowland leagues level.