Elgin City 2019/20

2 minutes ago, Thom & Gerry said:

Wouldn’t get to confident about Berwick. Their form is picking up and a good draw yesterday against big spending Kelty Hearts who are favourites for the Lowland League. Will need to be up for it and give them some respect.

Kelty beat Berwick 1-0. Still not terrible i admit. Just my O.C.D. taking over.

Certainly agree that there should be no complacency when we play Berwick,however I was speaking to someone at the game at Rovers on Saturday who had seen Berwick play Cumbernauld Colts the previous week and who thought they were quite poor.

If we continue to play the way we have been lately and I have seen all the games in the league I think we should progress. As I have said on Twitter posts,we played really good football despite being beaten at Brechin and with the exception of the Binos game where we did not turn up, general play has been good. 

I was really impressed with the way the team was set up on Saturday and there were some really good individual performances, in particular Stephen Bronsky at the back and Daniel MacKay appears to have had a miraculous recovery from the injury he received against Stenny. In the Brechin game I thought  he had a poor first half but better in the second. On Saturday he was causing real  problems for the Rover's defence down the left. It was the lack of width that was missing in previous games, with Daryll back on as a sub and hopefully Connor back soon as well and Rabin Omar,  we should be back up to some sort of full strength team. It was also really good to see Gav put the young U20s lad, Jake Thomson on for a while as  well to get some game time.

Saturday will be a good test against a strong Airdrieonians who are going  well in League 1 but barring another shock result, I seriously do not expect to go further in the TCW and while the money is always useful, I would prefer to concentrate on the league. *

6 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

My abiding memory of the last time we played you was the sheer number of police, you'd think it was Millwall v West Ham.

That was probably because of what was said on here or social media all the bitching comments between each other 😂

That was a sickener to lose the goals so late. Some Elgin crowd that day. 1500 if memory serves me right.
Never forget Craig Frizzell missing an open goal from about 5 yards out [emoji24]

Crowd was absolutely mad that game, one of the best away day atmospheres we've had surely.